N9T Water Pump solution

N9TE

OK. So, I needed to get a decent water pump as I'm going to do a cooling system service on my 89. I've heard that there are only 4 Peugeot OEM water pumps in Europe. Western Hemispheres has one for $400. Rabin found an aftermarket one on eBay for about $100.

I went a different route. I had it rebuilt by The Flying Dutchman. Tony is an awesome guy. There's down by Central Point in Oregon (anybody remember Central Point Software?). He took a water pump that I pulled off Stefan Ides' engine he sold me. The bearings were shot (would not turn). It was rusted and generally the nastiest pump you ever saw. It's like new!

Before pictures:

n9t-pump-before1.jpg

n9t-pump-before2.jpg

n9t-pump-before3.jpg

After pictures:

n9t-pump-after1.jpg

n9t-pump-after2.jpg

n9t-pump-after3.jpg

It cost me $125. It should have been a bit more as he fixed the pulley where one of the rivets failed.

Like I said, real good guy. Really enjoys his work and it shows.

Give it a go. I recommend him.

Here's a YouTube video featuring his work:

I've been getting an odd run around with those UK e-bay suppliers. I first specified the N9TE pump (x2) with shipping to me in Canada for my 89' 505 turbo. They replied asking for my vehicle specifics? (WTF?) I replied with the vehicle specifics again - only to receive a reply that they don't have a pump for my application!

I replied that they actually specify N9TE on their advert, as well as a picture of the pump I need... No response! lol

I'd MUCH rather send a spare pump to Tony and have him sort it out I think.

Thanks very much for finally documenting the Flying Dutchman working on one of our pumps. I'd recommend them with a caveat that I didn't know for sure if they could - but this just verifies what I'd heard about them.

Rabin

nice. i had heard good things about flying dutchman, it's always cool to have good references verified. fortunate for me, xn6 water pumps are not hard to come by.... :)

if anybody has any good places for fuel distributor rebuilds, i'd love to hear them. right now my leading candidate is CIS FlowTech in alabama...

andré

PS -- i am very familiar with central point software, they got bought out by symantec...i did a bunch of work with microsoft, they had a version of cps antivirus that they used for internal purposes, i probably still have a copy of it lying around somewhere...