1989 Peugeot 505 turbo automatic radiator (desperate)1

Welcome to the forums!

As for your request - I moved it to here as it's a mostly wanted advert. If you search the site you'll find others have had custom rad's built which would be the way to go if you're keeping the car. (Ron Davis and Griffin are a couple).

This thread is a good start: Rad options

You can also make one fit that has similar connections, or you can do used. Used is a little dicey with the age of these cars though - so if you can I would go custom.

BTW: In a pinch you could do a manual rad with no AT cooler in it, then run a separate cooler for the tranny, but it would be best if this set up was thermostat controlled so that the transmission oil wasn't kept too cool and allowed to warm up.

Feel free to post pics of the 89 as well - they're rare cars so it's nice to see the ones that are still surviving.

Rabin

All I need for this car is a radiator. if anyone could help me find one id be most appreciative. Its actually an 89

[/quote

Hi if you are not in rush I will have one in about 3 weeks. Condition unknown but the car was running.

Thanks

Arun

where are you located? try ramsey peugeot in nj 201-818-1129

last time i was there he had 2 turbo automatics sitting there, slowly being cannibalized for parts

well...do you know where or how much a custom rad would be?

Welcome to the forums!

As for your request - I moved it to here as it's a mostly wanted advert. If you search the site you'll find others have had custom rad's built which would be the way to go if you're keeping the car. (Ron Davis and Griffin are a couple).

This thread is a good start: Rad options

You can also make one fit that has similar connections, or you can do used. Used is a little dicey with the age of these cars though - so if you can I would go custom.

BTW: In a pinch you could do a manual rad with no AT cooler in it, then run a separate cooler for the tranny, but it would be best if this set up was thermostat controlled so that the transmission oil wasn't kept too cool and allowed to warm up.

Feel free to post pics of the 89 as well - they're rare cars so it's nice to see the ones that are still surviving.

Rabin

kent, wa state...and ill give him a call tomorrow thank you. :)

where are you located? try ramsey peugeot in nj 201-818-1129

last time i was there he had 2 turbo automatics sitting there, slowly being cannibalized for parts

well...do you know where or how much a custom rad would be?

Custom bolt in would be about $450 I believe from Griffin. If you search for posts by geo you can see his break down.

If you're willing to do some modifying then you could likely do a cheaper universal rad with some modifications for $2-300. Cheaper still if you go to a wrecking yard with the measurements needed and some tools. You might luck out and get something really cheap - but it'll cost you big time wise.

Rabin

also, post on the yahoo peugeot mailing list (join up if youre not a member)

kent, wa state...and ill give him a call tomorrow thank you. :)

My radiator guy that I trust & knows his shit. He might be building a tank on the other side of the one that already had a tank for the trans line made up, he also has a couple of call in's and he thinks he might have a source on aftermarket.

im very interested can you keep me posted?

My radiator guy that I trust & knows his shit. He might be building a tank on the other side of the one that already had a tank for the trans line made up, he also has a couple of call in's and he thinks he might have a source on aftermarket.

im very interested can you keep me posted?

My rad guy couldn't find one. He's making another tank for the other side. You could get a tank made and do for about the same amount of $ for new one and will be better than original.

• 2 months later...

nice find, nick

so at today's conversion rate, that piece would be about US$337....i guesstimated a package size and weight (pugspares says 8 kilos so i used 9 pounds) and checked it out on the usps.com website. to send a package of that size & weight *to* the UK (from CA, where i am) would be just over US$70, so you'd probably be looking at somewhere between US$400 and US$450 to get this shipped, depending on where you are & the carrier pugspares uses...

that's a tough call, but at that cost, you're close to the price of a custom radiator so i would probably go that way (if it was me). of course, as you pointed out earlier, a repair to the existing rad by a competent shop is the least expensive option...

andré

My rad shop guy that just did the repair to our rad was only for one side, the other side had already been done with a metal tank repair plus he did a new core. That's why we went with that one. But this is great to know that there are other options than a custom ones now... Let me tell you I called alot of people in the U.S. recently to find one...

But if you wanted just to order and receive and install then this is the easy way out...

Also it looks like it's made by the Nissen brand which is a good quality brand