French and italian car show?

I've heard of that car show aswell but I have no idea of the dates. has anyone attended the carlisle import car show??? I've attented the last two years first with my 89 and then the last with the 85 and the 89 but didn't make this one.

the next french and italian car show is sunday, november 6, 2011 at woodley park in van nuys from 9 am to 4 pm. to get to woodley park, just go north on the 405 and exit on victory blvd. (one or two exits north of where the 405 and the 101 cross in sherman oaks), go west on victory.

pretty sure you only have to pay to show a car and/or to have a space at the swap meet, just showing up, looking & buying are free iiuc....i'm definitely going...

andre

• 4 months later...

giving this thread a bump because this show is almost upon us...

the time & place info appears up-thread....there are fees & registration involved if you want to show your car at the event, or if you want to have a booth/table at the swap meet. if you are simply attending to see the cars, people & swap meet, though, no fees or registration are required. most years, several different food vendors are present so food is available for purchase at the event if you are so inclined.

all the details appear on the event flyer, which i'm reposting here with the permission of the show organizers. when i communicated with them recently, they asked me to let you guys know that peugeots are always welcome, there are always a few on display but they'd love to have more.

Here is the flyer in microsoft word and adobe acrobat formats...any questions, please post here or contact the organizers (details on flyer)...

i will definitely be attending, hope to see some of you there. my car is not ready to show this year, hopefully next year.... :)

andré

• 3 weeks later...

another bump to remind you guys who are in the LA area (or LA-adjacent) that the show is a week from this sunday. i'll be there, i know a few of you from this group will be there; if you are planning on going and don't have my contact info (so we can connect at this rather large event), please pm me.

doesn't look like anyone from this forum is showing this year since our cars are all in various states of disassembly, but it'll still be cool to meet you guys in person, make fun of the italian car guys, etc. :D

andré

we'll see, i'll give a full report w/pictures.

as for there not being many peugeot guys in socal....maybe. last night, there were four priuses (priii?) in a row parked on my street. so if you like hybrids or german luxury cars, west LA is the place for you. peugeots, not so much. aside from the gold 505 td up the hill from me, i see another one about every two or three months....

andré

God I miss the San Francisco Bay Area. Koll, if you were to visit the city of Berkeley sometime, you'd see how the number of Peugeots in that small (well not really) town compensates for the "number of Peugeot owners" :D Almost every single time I'm in Berkeley, I see a Peugeot. And that's saying something :D

I remember a few years ago, when I was driving the 505 daily, I parked right below the Cal Stadium, where my crew team was running the stairs/track.

Parked right behind a 505 Wagon. Then when having to fill the parking meter, saw a flawless blue 505 turbo wagon at the stop light. Then while leaving, saw a light green 505 sedan roll past me.