505 info site

well, confession time...i'm thinking about putting up a website that has detailed information on US/canadian 505s...i was inspired by this site and this color chart. why should the 914 guys get to have all the fun? :) i sent a fan email to the guy who runs the p914.com site, he sent a very kind response -- go for it, a lot of work but fun if you like that sort of thing, never really done, etc. so that's why i've been researching paint codes.

btw -- andalusia is a mountainous region in spain known for, you guessed it, red wines. that peugeot has more than one color that refers to red wine, i think, gives an interesting insight into the french psyche. vallelunga is a racetrack near rome...so italian/vallelunga red is really a sly way of saying "ferrari red" without saying "ferrari."

another tangent -- before WW2 and corporate sponsors, race cars were generally painted in their "national colors." british cars were green ("british racing green"), italian cars were red (that's where ferrari gets it from), french cars were blue and german cars were silver or white. so blue is not a bad color for a peugeot, imho. :D

I can't imagine a better person to set something a site up like that Andre - and it'd be a huge service for the Peugeot community.

I'd be happy to help with any of the useless info I have rattling around in my head as well. :)

Rabin

Andre - if you wanted to include this info site on this domain I'd be happy to figure out how we can best set that up.

I'm still trying to find the time to get it all finalized and come to terms with the technical side, but if we can have it as part of this site that would be great.

PM me if that's interesting at all to you and we can go from there.

BTW - as you can see I split this topic out as it was WAY off the topic of paint codes. :)

Rabin

• 2 months later...

now that i've completed that work-related project that was taking so much of my time, i've started researching this project in earnest. don't know when i'll have something to post online, but you guys will be the first to know when i do.

in the meantime, here's a link to a peugeot model database; i found it on the links page of the main 505turbo.com site that this forum arose from (note -- lots of those links are dead! the internet archive is your friend...).

the peugeot model database is pretty good -- there are small errors here and there, but by and large it's sound. it appears to be a zombie site...i sent an email to the contact address but it bounced. maybe some forum old-timers can recall who set this up?

andre

I would be all for a new site. I have recently purchased my car and I'm still excited of the ideas I have rolling around in my head. I don't want the thrill to turn into frustration.

I have a hard time finding information on the old threads. It excludes short words and when you find the topic you need, you need to wade through copies of posts and unrelated anecdotes. If you build a site, please make it a technical resource first with a forum on the side. There is so much good info and pictures available, but I feel handicapped at finding and using it.

Steve