86 TD with 89 Bodykit?!

norcal505

I believe the owner of Rhino motors put this together. The rear decor insert is pretty cool! As for the exhaust on the right? The XD3 turbo diesels exit that side. My 86 TD was the same.

Miss my 86 with the 2.5L TD with the 4spd.auto VS. my 82 with the 2.3L TD and 3spd.auto.... a little more getty up and go and no screamin' eagle from the motor without overdrive!

Interesting info Jeff. I too am curious as to where the rear decor comes from, maybe the Peugeot NL Accessory Catalog?

I had no idea that any of the US-Spec 505s had right exit tailpipes, I thought those were only on the European Specs.

Any pics of your old 86 TD? I'm quite envious of your past/current 505's!

That's a very cool custom... :)

A combo of my 89' 505 Turbo sedan, and my 86' TD wagon - so I might be a bit biased. Nice work on moving the exhaust cut out over to the right side, I don't think any of the gas 89's had the exhaust on that side, so likely had to be moved.

Not totally sold on the decor panel either - I always thought it'd look better than it does on this car... Could be the standing lion in the middle maybe.

Still love the car though - definitely a one of a kind build done very very well indeed. (At least from what can be seen in the pics)

Rabin

Interesting info Jeff. I too am curious as to where the rear decor comes from, maybe the Peugeot NL Accessory Catalog?

I had no idea that any of the US-Spec 505s had right exit tailpipes, I thought those were only on the European Specs.

Any pics of your old 86 TD? I'm quite envious of your past/current 505's!

Rob, I'll post some photos later today of my past 86 TD.

Jeff

Jeff did u used to live in a little desert town called ridgecrest? Reason I ask is because your TD with the Santa Barbara plate frame looks familiar. I used to have fily live in that crappy town.

Nope, this TD I purchased in Santa Cruz and was from southern California prior. Ironic, its now back in So Cal.

i actually came here today to post that turbo diesel. already ebay-msged the guy asking if he'd sell me the center taillight section haha. hey, its worth a shot. i still want a heckblende, badly!

Saw that one on e-bay today, I get in the "peugeot" mood every once and a while. Still hoping for that one 505 V6 or MI16 in my neck of the woods for not to crazy money. Wishful thinking.

This once looks nice with the turbo body kit, but sadly it's the diesel. 505 V6 manual is what I would love to own next to that illusive silver metallic MI16