Euro Headlights

Peugeot Steve

Wow....what a shock on those shipping prices!

I'll pass, but I might get desperate later. I'm just lazily looking for now, since it's the deep of winter here (below freezing everyday and difficult to work in the garage). My searching will pick-up in the spring.

I appreciate the effort in the shopping for parts. Had not the shipping prices been way outta line, I would be your first customer.

Great pictures too.

Steve

Please, i forgot to mention that if you are install 505 Euro headlight, you will need to attach its chrome on it. The chrome brings out the beauty of the headlight, as you can see on the pic taken from mine. It shouldnt cost more than N1,500 ($10- ten US dollars).

Since the UPS and FedEx is very expensive to use, i believe using freight & shiiping companies would be cheaper. You can make the enquiries from your end online. Or if you have anyone,friends,relations,etc that is lives in Nigeria at the moment, find out from him or her how they send goods/items to US or Canada. It might make it easier and cheaper. Since parts are very cheap here when converted to US currency, avail yourself that opportunity to get them from here. They are very much available, no matter the model.

Ikenna

post-856-1297330853.jpg

Ikenna,

Do you have normal mail service in your area? for example, I can mail thought the US Post Office, a part to you at substantially less than the estimate you got from UPS and FED Ex. As an example, I can ship up to 20 pounds (9 kilo's) to Nigeria for $58.50 US.

The box is 12 inches x 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches.

You might check with your regular mail carrier for rates. You could start yourself a nice little side business!

Good luck!

Bryan

Ikenna,

Do you have normal mail service in your area? for example, I can mail thought the US Post Office, a part to you at substantially less than the estimate you got from UPS and FED Ex. As an example, I can ship up to 20 pounds (9 kilo's) to Nigeria for $58.50 US.

The box is 12 inches x 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches.

You might check with your regular mail carrier for rates. You could start yourself a nice little side business!

Good luck!

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for the suggestion. It didnt even cross my mind cos Nigeria actually has a standard post office which definitely will be cheaper than the privates (UPS and others). I will check them tomorrow. Will update you on my findings from them tomorrow.

Ikenna

Hi all,

Its 11am here in Abuja. I left NIPOST (Nigerian Postal service office) about an hour ago. I got the shipping cost to Canada & US from them. The naira-dollar exchange rate for now is N153.00 (One hundred and fifty one naira only).

As for Canada:

1. 50 KG: N66,500 ($435).

2. 20 Kg: N29,800 ($194).

3. 10 Kg: N15,800 ($103).

For USA:

1. 50 Kg: N75,500 ($493).

2. 20 Kg: N17,500 ($114).

3. 10 Kg: N16,500 ($108).

Like i said earlier, check the weight of the headlight or whatever parts you are interested in getting from here in your cars, cos the weight will be the same. It will help to determine the actual shipping cost. Am not sure the headlight set would weight up to 10kg.

Ikenna.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody ! it is a very great pleasure to read you, and see what you are able to do for 505 !!

So great !

I am french I live in France, I do what I can about parts and help every owners who need it.

I belong to the "604 International club", I own one 604 and a US 505 V6.

If I can help for something, dare to ask !

I went to New York one year ago, but I did not have the time to meet some members, so I hope

to do it soon, next time I will come back to USA !

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to installing my eurolights. Wow, what a difference.

I decided to list all of the info on the lights, so someone doing a search can benefit.

Valeo 060307 G042M made in Argentina 03102037

Valeo 060308 G043M made in Argentina 03112037

They have CIBIE printed on them.

I'm sure the business I bought these from made a huge profit. I didn't appreciate that, so best of luck for others sourcing these parts.

Any parts company that has a contract with Valeo should be able to get these lights with these part numbers.

While doing the left light I came across a large plastic box with a relay in it (see picture). What is this for? I had to take it off of the mounting bracket, so the new light fixture would fit. It is now just sitting in the space previously occupied by the rubber air intake nozzle. I took off the rubber hose air intake nozzle. It has 26years of oil/grime on it. I will have to cut it, since the relay box in now in the way. Looks like 6in would do the job. Before I cut this nozzle, I need to know if it is expensive/rare.?

Steve

post-890-0-80703800-1312419534_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-59947100-1312419569_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-78365700-1312419594_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-93712700-1312419612_thumb.jpg

looks great! what type of bulbs are you running in the headlights?

here's a link to a thread talking about the relay box, scroll down to post #15. the poster recommends moving the box, which would give you some clearance.

as for the hose, you have an xn6, right? the "nozzle" in that area is probably the intake for the air cleaner...here's a diagram:

xn6aircleaner.jpg

if item #3 (air intake pipe) is the item you are talking about, probably not the best idea to cut it. you can probably get a used one in the future if you need it, but NOS pieces are pretty rare.

andre

Wow,

great detail on the response... especially with the drawing.

I'll leave the relay box alone.

I'm going to get a section of hose to approximate the length I would have had remaining (if I had cut it).

I put in Sylvania SilverStar 60/55W. I would have gone with the Ultra version from the same company, but the local cops have pulled people over for those until they showed the packaging (proving they're legal). I don't want to be hassled. These are readily available at my local PepBoys parts store. I considered a comparable Hella and some brand called Pilot (in the tuner section). I chose based on price and reputation. I like the difference. Much...much better.

The front of my car looks great.

Steve