Euro Headlights

Peugeot Steve

Cibie...

Biode...

Danielson...

Whatever the name of them, I would like to get some of the all glass bug-eyed looking euro headlights. I found a french website selling 504 lights that look the right shape. Will they fit a 85 Peugeot 505 STi?

Also, I'm picking up from reading old posts that there are some sort of clips/adapters and possibly different grille shape? What do I need? Please, no lectures on rarity or cost. If everyone outside of the US got these cool lights, I can't believe that our weird US square with plastic are the plentiful ones. How about some foreign sites pimping some lights?

I tried searching, but the eerie internet monster keeps circling me back to the listings on this forum. Please rescue me from the Twilight Zone.

Steve

post-890-1296274375.jpg

504 lights won't fit a 505.

post-773-1296277273.jpg

this is what you want, yes?

In addition to the usual "check with our vendors" and eBay (where they pop up from time to time), Western Hemispheres lists them as being in stock on their website, you should check with them to see if they actually have them.

Also, there's a guy here in SoCal parting out a 505 in the "for sale" section of this forum, think he had euro lights, might be worth checking to see if he still has them, condition, etc...

In addition to the euro lights costing more, not everyone prefers the looks, some people prefer the US lights. I don't think that the euro lights require a grill change, seem to remember that they require a chrome ring that may or may not come with them but it's the same ring that's on the US headlight setup.

Andre

Cibie and Marshall are the ones I know... New ones come in Valeo boxes but are Marshalls I think.

Biode means they have a high beam bulb and reflector in them - euro only and quite rare. Danielson was the tuning company and the headlight set ups they sold were the 7" and 5.75" round combo from Morette.

As Andre said - you just need the euro headlights as the bezel swaps over and it uses all the same mounts, they just may need to be readjusted is all.

I run them on my car, and with 90/100W bulbs in them - they are some the finest headlights I've ever used bar none. (And that included the newer HID systems in the latest cars.) BEST ones are the biode 504 euro headlights I have for the 504. 55/60W AND 100W high beams in each. They're insane on high beam.

Rabin

Sounds easy.

Any recommendations on where I can get some for my 505...and what kind of prices am I looking at?

I found a French website that had lights for a 504, and I now know that they won't work for me. I found a website in India with the lights, but I'm wary since the website looks primitive....like the kind of websites that were around over 10yrs ago.

post-890-1296356392.jpg post-890-1296356459.jpg

See what I mean. The first one is cibie and the second one is the one on that Indian website. They are not the same. That's all I can really say. I don't know which would be better. Both are glass.

Recommendations please.

Steve

i would just wait for a car being parted out here or on the yahoo list, and also on ebay (save it as a saved search and you'll get emails if someone puts them up) - instead of ordering from a sketchy site and possibly getting ripped off.

another idea - when i vacationed in peru i tried hunting around for 505 stuff (non us spec stuff), but came out empty handed. im sure if i had more time there tho i coulda got some good bits. so....try planning a south american vacation =) (or to europe/uk too)

Sounds easy.

Any recommendations on where I can get some for my 505...and what kind of prices am I looking at?

I found a French website that had lights for a 504, and I now know that they won't work for me. I found a website in India with the lights, but I'm wary since the website looks primitive....like the kind of websites that were around over 10yrs ago.

post-890-1296356392.jpg post-890-1296356459.jpg

See what I mean. The first one is cibie and the second one is the one on that Indian website. They are not the same. That's all I can really say. I don't know which would be better. Both are glass.

Recommendations please.

Steve

You can get brand new Euro spec 505 and 504 front and rear lamps here in Nigeria. They are very much available. If you want, i can ask for the price for you. It just that shipping price might cost more than the headlamps. I wouldnt know how much it would cost to ship to USA. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Ikenna

I picked up my pair of Cibie Euro lamps for .. I think.. $150?

The deals are out there, just gotta look around a bit.

I already retrofitted them with some 2000k 55w HID lights, but I think that I'm going to redo them with some variation of Amber bulbs, similar to eighties euro fashion.

I saw that you are from Nigeria. Was our president (Barak Obama) born there? What do the Nigerian people think about him (his Dad was Nigerian). There is a lot of controversy here about his (Obama's) actual citizenship. Our US Constitution (base document upon which our government is based) requires someone to be 35yrs old or older and a natural born USA citizen. That's it, no other requirements. He refuses to clear up the issue (basically, since it potentially nullifies his presidency). The state of Hawaii, USA produced a short-form birth certificate that conspiracy theorists say is not original. Many people suspect that he was born in a Nigerian hospital.

What are your thoughts? Ever hear of this issue?

Now, about those 505 lights:

email me: a price, shipping to Pennsylvania, USA, and a picture.

Do you have a shop?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

[email protected]

Steve, Ikenna is a new 505 owner -- he recently bought a v6 505 from france and had it delivered. turned out it was a 4-cylinder car that had been converted. he's been sorting out problems in an effort to get his car running properly. it's pretty interesting reading, you should check out his threads in this forum and on aussiefrogs.

So he's not a dealer or a shop owner, he's just a regular guy. In his part of the world, however, Peugeots are very common so parts are easier to come by for him -- he can just walk into a parts yard & pick something up. It sounds like he's happy to check on the local price for you, but as he said, shipping from Nigeria to the US might be deal-killingly expensive.

So you can also check with:

eBay (US & int'l sites)

US peugeot dealers (ramsey, dubarr, nick@nite)

brian holm

madhu

Rob at Javel/Garage Courtier (robcourter at yahoo dot com)

western hemispheres

this guy

Andre

Oh god, that whole 'Obama wasn't born here' thing is getting old. Come on now. :lol:

Why drag this into an automotive forum?

..and for the record, his father was Kenyan :D

No kidding Rob. If your going to rant, at least get the facts your ranting about correct, eh?

Sorry for the hijack, but this kind of thing bugs me to no end.

FYI, I've shipped parts to South Africa and it wasn't any more or less expensive than anyplace else I ship inthe world. I'd think the cost would not be terrible. I do believe in supporting those that support us. Andre's list pretty much sums it up, plus Bob Bruce and Michael Aube.

I thought it was an interesting question. When is the last time you could ask a Nigerian a direct question? He's the first Nigerian I've stumbled across. Why should I waste the opportunity? You posted: "If your going to rant, at least get the facts your ranting about correct, eh?...but this kind of thing bugs me to no end" Funny you used the word "facts". I'm just curious to hear his opinion.

I have some trepidation of shopping overseas, so I really appreciate the list. Years ago when I was in Brazil, a credit card transaction took two months to post (since behind the scenes the vendor was waiting for the most opportune exchange rate). It happened again in Sardinia, Italy for a period of three weeks. I thought he might be a shop owner, but it was cleared up that he is not. It would be great to find a reliable overseas vendor for the variety. All of us benefit from competition.

Steve

Food for thought:

The 924 community is sorely underserved. Many critical components are no longer available (NLA) from Porsche or aftermarket suppliers. As for performance enhancements, there are very few off-the-shelf options for the 924 and 931, aside from the suspension components common to the 944. To compound the matter, the 924 has a seemingly low cost of entry, but it usually masks years of deferred maintenance. Many first-time owners don't realize what they're getting into, and don't plan appropriately for repair and restoration costs. As a result, the "toofah" tends to have a spend-thrift owner community, so very few aftermarket vendors bother with the 924.

I got that quote from the website of a guy that sells stuff for Porsche 924s, a car of roughly the same vintage as the 505s. I'm pretty new to this community, but it seems to me that this could have been written about US/Canada Peugeots as well. The recent recession and the current poor exchange rate aren't helping the parts situation either.

So if you want an analogy, the whole "support your local merchants" thing is not about putting the big box stores out of business -- in this "small town," there is no big box store, it's not likely that one is coming, and it's a question of keeping the mom & pops from closing down b/c no one patronizes them.

So there is definitely an element of enlightened economic self-interest in patronizing vendors who specialize in Peugeot stuff...it's not about "sticking it to the man," because "the man" left a long time ago...:)

My 2 cents.

Andre

I saw that you are from Nigeria. Was our president (Barak Obama) born there? What do the Nigerian people think about him (his Dad was Nigerian). There is a lot of controversy here about his (Obama's) actual citizenship. Our US Constitution (base document upon which our government is based) requires someone to be 35yrs old or older and a natural born USA citizen. That's it, no other requirements. He refuses to clear up the issue (basically, since it potentially nullifies his presidency). The state of Hawaii, USA produced a short-form birth certificate that conspiracy theorists say is not original. Many people suspect that he was born in a Nigerian hospital.

Do you have a shop?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

[email protected]

Never heard about Obama's birth controversy. What I heard then was that his dad is Kenyan. I know nothing more. But will still ask around anyway.

About the 505 Euro lights. I can get you the price and picture on Monday,but will need to go and find out the shipping cost from UPS, DHL and other courier companies, which might not be possible on that Monday.

No, I dont have a shop. But, there is no 505 parts you wont find here, in Nigeria, especially the aftermarkets (Automotor, Valeo,etc), likewise 2nd hand parts (used parts). Though, the part of the country iam now, ABUJA (Federal Capital territory of Nigeria) drive more of recent Peugeots (206, 306, 307,406, 407& 607), but can still get some 505 parts here. But where i grew up, Anambra state, eastern part of the country, they drive more of 504 & 505, and there is no part you wont find there. In fact, I ordered for a 505 V6 torque tube, propeller shaft and tube bearing two days ago from that Anambra state, which arrived yesterday. Though, Nigerians didnt drive 505 turbo that much, but other parts of the car that it shares with standard 505 are in our markets.

Ikenna.

BEST ones are the biode 504 euro headlights I have for the 504. 55/60W AND 100W high beams in each. They're insane on high beam.

Rabin

I just remebered at I have one new 504 bidiode lamp in storage, have to dig it up. Bad thing is at those are difficult to sent (I have experience of one 505 bi-diode sending and glass was broken).

505 bi diodes are very good also, I have been thinking to use H4 HID with moving shades.

V-M

In regard to payment for parts from abroad, Paypal has been a big boost in my opinion. However, it still stands to reason that the Peugeot community is very small and none of us can afford to mess about with anyone. Integrity plays a huge part in this game.

I am quite certain few if any of us will sell to that guy who stiffed me for $60 on that Radiator. Short term gain, long term loss for him.

There are plenty of political sites for anyone who wants to engage in that.

Do you have a shop?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

[email protected]

Do you have a shop?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

[email protected]

Hi steve

I have gone to auto market here in Abuja and priced the headlights as you wanted me to. In the pics, you could see the one with two headlamps. One shines and looks superior to the other. The price of the set of the superior one is N8,000.- Eight thousand naira ($53- fifty three US dollars). The set price of the inferior one is N4,500.- four thousand naira ($30. Thirty dollars). They are both brand new. Am yet to ask for the shipping price to USA from UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. Will make out time to visit their offices.

Ikenna.

post-856-1297186899.jpg

post-856-1297187001.jpg

post-856-1297187076.jpg

post-856-1297187158.jpg

I asked for the price of the Euro rear lights and was told the price of the set of used ones in good condition is N5,000-Five thousand naira (($33-thirty three US dollars). But the set rear lights cover in new is N1,200. -one thousand two hundred naira($8-Eight dollars).

Steve, you can as well ask any of the courier companies how much it will take to send such goods to Nigeria. That will give the idea, cos they should be the same sending from here to USA or wherever you are or want it send to. But i will check over here anyway.

Ikenna.

Wow - great prices!

Can you tell me how much the quad headlight set up (2nd picture - right and left sides) would be shipped to Canada as well? S4N2J9 is my postal code. :)

I can't believe all those NOS parts in that first picture either... You definitely have a parts supply advantage in Nigeria owning the 505, as pretty much everything I get has to be shipped from the US.

Rabin

Wow - great prices!

Can you tell me how much the quad headlight set up (2nd picture - right and left sides) would be shipped to Canada as well? S4N2J9 is my postal code. :)

I can't believe all those NOS parts in that first picture either... You definitely have a parts supply advantage in Nigeria owning the 505, as pretty much everything I get has to be shipped from the US.

Rabin

Hi Rabin,

Yes, like i always say, there is no 504 and 505 parts you cant get here in Nigeria, both brand new and 2nd hand/used parts in good condition, even complete engines, differentials, gearboxes,etc.

If the one you are asking for is the double round headlamp, the price of the set is N5,000.-Five thousand naira ($33- thirty three US dollars). The two headlamps in the 2nd pic on the left is of two qualities. The set of the brightest of the two (the one at the right) is N8,000- Eight thousand naira ($53- fifty three dollars), while the set of the dull one is N4,500- Four thousand, five hundred naira ($30 -thirty dollars).

Like i earlier posted, i will have to check in the courier offices the prices for the shipping to USA and Canada. The problem is that they may ask to see and weight the goods before telling me the price. But i have to find out first. I will try and make out time to do that tomorrow.

Ikenna.

ikenna, im not interested in a set of lights or anything, but just wanted to say thank you for your efforts - the peugeot community, out of all the other model-specific groups ive been and am still a part of, is always showing me that its made of truly helpful people who love the car, and are willing to go an extra mile for a faceless stranger, just because we all dig the same funky french 4 door.

dude, you are awesome.

also, im buttering you up cuz maybe one day i will want to ask you about some random part, lol =)

Hi everyone,

Today in the evening, I drove to UPS and FedEx courier companies, as you can see in the pics i attached in the earlier post. Their both staffs said they need to need to know the weight before they can give the price of shipping parts to USA and Canada, which are the same price. So, please i will need whoever will want me to purchase any parts for him to try and find out the weight of the part to help know the total amount it will take to buy and ship to his/her destination, before sending the money.

Anyway, i asked the to give me the price for 5kg & 10kg , incase the headlamps weight 10kg.

UPS: The UPS staff gave me the 10kg price only. According to her the price for 10kg with their box is N49,460.($328-three hundred and twenty eight dollars.). The addition of the value of the Headlamps, N80 ($1-one dollar).

FedEx: They gave me the prices of 5kg and 10kg. 5kg price is N24,971($165-one hundred and sixty five dollars). While 10kg is N43, 214 ($286- two hundred and eighty six). FedEx appers to be cheaper, but only if the parts to be sent fall into these two Kgs. I wouldnt know the kg of the set of 505 headlight.

The Bank Naira rate of one USA dollar to Nigerian Naira currency for now is N151 (one hundred and fifty one naira). You can google and check the conversion rate yourself.

Like i noted earlier, the shipping cost might be very discouraging. Its upto you guys.

Anyway, my mobile phone no is +2348052811236, incase you want to call and find out more about the availabilities of 505 parts here.

Ikenna.