Hello from a new member

Hello, My name is Ed and i'm from Florida. I own a 82 DeLorean that i have built a 3.0L PRV V6 for. I was glad to find this site that had more PRV V6 owners.

Things i have done to the car..

Custom forged rods from crower and 8.5:1 forged pistons from CP.

set.jpg

block going together.

pistons.jpg

Engine and turbo on stand.

comp2.jpg

doing the swap.

2.jpg

engine bay almost done.

painted.jpg

the car with the new wheels.

wheels002.jpg

cranking up with Haltech for the first time.

th_video001.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Nice engine, how much hp are you shooting for?

I recognise the car since I watched Back to the future when I was little B), it's a really cool looking car!

Is it really made from stainless steel? I just read that on wiki.

Welcome to the forum!

Nice engine, how much hp are you shooting for?

I recognise the car since I watched Back to the future when I was little :D, it's a really cool looking car!

Is it really made from stainless steel? I just read that on wiki.

Thanks! i should be able to make whatever HP numbers John Lane is making. i have been tied up with personal thinks for the past year or so so tuning it was been slow. it ran a 13.34 in the 1/4 mile at 102mph on 5psi. That comes out to about 225WHP calculating the cars weight. This was before i had the nice intercooler setup and free flowing exhaust.

yes, the outer skins are made of 304 stainless steel.

Great job Ed - looks fantastic!

Running in the 13's is crazy on only 5 psi. I've heard John Lane can easily push 500 HP with his set up, he just had a heck of a time keeping drivetrain stuff together as the Engine is quite the beast.

How much power is your transaxle rated at? Or is there a "safe" number they can handle? Once you start playing with the boost and upping it into the teens that car is going to be scary fast - so make sure to post videos and pictures!

As an aside - I've asked John to price out a "kit" for my V6 as I was thinking of possibly ditching my turbo 4 (I'm keeping the 4 now though) - would you be willing to share what the engine cost you to build? Were the parts readily available? (Still tempted by a turbo V6!)

Rabin

Great job Ed - looks fantastic!

Running in the 13's is crazy on only 5 psi. I've heard John Lane can easily push 500 HP with his set up, he just had a heck of a time keeping drivetrain stuff together as the Engine is quite the beast.

How much power is your transaxle rated at? Or is there a "safe" number they can handle? Once you start playing with the boost and upping it into the teens that car is going to be scary fast - so make sure to post videos and pictures!

As an aside - I've asked John to price out a "kit" for my V6 as I was thinking of possibly ditching my turbo 4 (I'm keeping the 4 now though) - would you be willing to share what the engine cost you to build? Were the parts readily available? (Still tempted by a turbo V6!)

Rabin

Thanks, The pistons and rods cost about $2,000 and a few months to have made. I just rebuilt the motor my self. i have probably spent clost to $10,000 getting the engine conversion in the car like it is now. this includes everything.