Peugeot's warehouse is closing

Just talked with Jimmy at Peugeot parts and as of April 1st the wherehouse is closing in NJ. That means all new parts must be bought through the France distubutor and pricing isn't going to be any cheaper with the dutie tax and its going to be a longer shipping process. :)

Thanks for the heads up Nick...

Did Jimmy have any idea on what was going to happen with the parts they had instock?

Rabin

probly buy back from Peugoet or ebay, I would think

oh crap.

ive been trying to reach them, and have been leaving messages for a while, they wont answer.

I really need to get my hands on some parts.

Is this the HQ?

if it is, im really pissed.

Yes this is the only U.S. oe distibutor

They have been bad on phone calls and return messages lately with us and we have been buying parts from them since 79'

does anyone know a more reliable, maybe even a direct number that we can use to call them?

I just checked using my Garmin Gps, and a few results show up for Peugeot in NJ. One is Peugeot Motors of America, and one is Peugeot-Citroen Engines.

wait, also my other question is if Peugeot North America Is closing.

That would be a nightmare, and would probably signal that Peugeot will never return.

does anyone know a more reliable, maybe even a direct number that we can use to call them?

I just checked using my Garmin Gps, and a few results show up for Peugeot in NJ. One is Peugeot Motors of America, and one is Peugeot-Citroen Engines.

wait, also my other question is if Peugeot North America Is closing.

That would be a nightmare, and would probably signal that Peugeot will never return.

Yeah its the Peugeot Motors of America thats closing. The HQ is in NJ and the wherehouse is in Allentpwn PA. Peugoet has been over for along time... We were the 2nd largest Peugeot dealer in sales in the U.S. There are only a couple DD cars around here now... I'm surprised that they have been here this long still... There is really no reason why they should be here anymore. There comes a time for a end to everything... LOL if you thought that rumor was true for this long. Peugoet isn't coming back, And that is hard for me to say. Sorry.

It does suck - but the reality is that it's still not going to have a big impact on the current Peugeot scene. I haven't needed or received OEM parts for my car in a VERY long time - and the only parts I did get were new strut housings from their recall... :)

Everything else has either been jobber, or I've modified another part to work that was better than stock to begin with. Worse comes to worse I'll just re-engine it - but I think I'm close to rebuilding the N9TE without using any OEM parts.

Rabin

It does suck - but the reality is that it's still not going to have a big impact on the current Peugeot scene. I haven't needed or received OEM parts for my car in a VERY long time - and the only parts I did get were new strut housings from their recall... :)

Everything else has either been jobber, or I've modified another part to work that was better than stock to begin with. Worse comes to worse I'll just re-engine it - but I think I'm close to rebuilding the N9TE without using any OEM parts.

Rabin

That recall was highly pushed onto Peugoet because of my dad, same with the glovebox recall... Sounds like your a good mechanic then bean, and have the passion... I'm learning to work on cars but have had many Peugeots and now have 3 vw's and I already miss my turbo that was just sold... I just tried to order frt rotors with ABS the other day $450, come on the rediculious. Things like that are crazy and just make things stupid to pay that for an old car.

I don't think thery're be another nice Peugeot that I'll be able to find around here in VT.

My father's Turbo wagon is pimp enough to drive around town on some parts airein. My uncle just finished his mint balck bodyed 86' STI with 90k on it which is beautiful. Also the Mechanic's that drive all the 405's buy all the 405's up that they come across... Peugoets don't die they just keep on being recycled now :)

Rob - I believe the newer Peugeot's that are in NJ will either have to go back or be crushed - and sadly it might be likely that some if not all of them will get crushed... I hope not - but I'd suspect that's their fate. (or shipped to Mexico maybe?)

Nick - your dad's name is famous for a VERY long time in Peugeot circles! It's very cool that he had such an influence over Peugeot NA... It's thanks to him I still have those new OEM strut housings sitting in my garage... :) I ended up refurbishing another set off a parts car instead of using the new ones... I still have the housings that failed over 10 years ago (!) and those are getting cleaned up and coil overs done up.

As for the ABS rotors - I think it'll just take someone to get desperate enough to do some research into finding a suitable replacement... Wouldn't take much as you could machine out a center hat to fit a generic disk of similar dimensions, or find a close existing rotor that can be easily machined to fit. I don't have an ABS car though so it's not a concern for me.

Rabin

Peugeot sent us one of the 406 coupe's back in 2000 for a week and then we had to bring it to Boston so it could be shipped back or it would have been crushed. It was very impressive.... My old man just got back from Spain and he had a 106 diesel as his rentel car. He loved every minute of it. He thought for almost a week that he had a 2.2L but then He finally opened up the hood an saw that it was a 1.6L. He has a pic of the speedo saying 215km on the autobahn. He loved the car, no smoke @ startup, quiet, no vaccum leaks, no road noise, everything worked on the car. He is pretty pissed that he cannot have one here.

As for the ABS rotors - I think it'll just take someone to get desperate enough to do some research into finding a suitable replacement... Wouldn't take much as you could machine out a center hat to fit a generic disk of similar dimensions, or find a close existing rotor that can be easily machined to fit. I don't have an ABS car though so it's not a concern for me.

Rabin

V-M has already done just that :) :

505 turbo 88-> front brakes?

True - but the Patrol was never sold here - so it's still a PITA. Not sure about the Land Cruiser disks mentioned in that thread - we did get those here, but they look like a tough fit.

Still think if a center hat was machined, or even if the old disks had the hats machined out and drilled to fit replacement disks - it would make for a better option.

Rabin

2 pc rotors have a standard replacement disk, with a standardized mounting - so you'd just need to machine the old disk hat to the same mounting dimensions as any other hat. (Dimensions are easily had off the Wilwood site.) Good thing about doing that is that you could bolt them rigid since they're both steel the expansion / contraction would be the same. (floating mounts usually mean alloy hats and steel disks, but if you did floating mounts there is a cooling advantage as floating mounts transfer less heat to the hat.)

It'd take some careful measuring - but once you had the hats made - replacement disks would be super cheap... And easy to upgrade your brakes to boot!

Rabin

do you have any pics of the car when it was here, nick?

would be cool to see them!!

if i had the money, i would totally buy one, and have it shipped to california, hopefully, and have it fixed to us standards

my dad's been trying to get a 607 in the states for a while now, he's been trying to make it happen with Peugeot in Paris for the past couple of years..

do you have any pics of the car when it was here, nick?

would be cool to see them!!

if i had the money, i would totally buy one, and have it shipped to california, hopefully, and have it fixed to us standards

my dad's been trying to get a 607 in the states for a while now, he's been trying to make it happen with Peugeot in Paris for the past couple of years..

You would have a year once imported or your money would be a waste because then it would have to be destroyed. Peugoet was very nervous about us even keep it for two weeks. Importing cars to the US are like politics, they're senseless... Exporting American muscle cars to europe is where you can make money. Believe me.

2 pc rotors have a standard replacement disk, with a standardized mounting - so you'd just need to machine the old disk hat to the same mounting dimensions as any other hat. (Dimensions are easily had off the Wilwood site.) Good thing about doing that is that you could bolt them rigid since they're both steel the expansion / contraction would be the same. (floating mounts usually mean alloy hats and steel disks, but if you did floating mounts there is a cooling advantage as floating mounts transfer less heat to the hat.)

It'd take some careful measuring - but once you had the hats made - replacement disks would be super cheap... And easy to upgrade your brakes to boot!

Rabin

That looks like it could work really well. Thanks for the idea!

The only issue might be the disk is off set by the width of the mounting flange, but that would just mean longer caliper bolts and some 5mm (or whatever offset is needed) spacers between the caliper and the mount.

Actually - same would go for the pre-ABS cars if you wanted to upgrade the brakes... Damn - if I wasn't doing the BMW wheels that would be a great way to get bigger brakes into the car.

Hopefully the idea works for someone!

Rabin

i remember, a while back, on ebaymotors, a blue 206 for sale and a older late 90's mini sedan peugeot for sale in texas. both were seized by the us gov in drug busts. it said something like (for one of them) that a double floor trunk was only modified, in need to conform with US marshalls saftey required ments. the gauge faces also were custom, in mph/kph. the car sold for really cheap-as i remeber. (the blue 206)

Quote [My old man just got back from Spain and he had a 106 diesel as his rentel car. He loved every minute of it. He thought for almost a week that he had a 2.2L but then He finally opened up the hood an saw that it was a 1.6L. He has a pic of the speedo saying 215km on the autobahn. He loved the car, no smoke @ startup, quiet, no vaccum leaks, no road noise, everything worked on the car. He is pretty pissed that he cannot have one here.] End Quote

Sorry the car that he was driving was one of these, and was he was getting 40 MPG at over 100 MPH ;)

post-321-1206047433.jpg