And so it begins....

So, today I got the new turbo grill installed on my 505.

(pics up tonight)

Think it looks nice. This will be the first of many exterior upgrades I am going to do in the near future.

I just got a 505 turbo rear wing (in the mail, coming from a Peugeot Enthusiast in Sonoma), and a turbo front underspoiler. I will need to get both parts painted (which I'm going to do myself).

I also am about to get a pair of maroon 86 turbo door mirrors.

Also, the lighting will be worked on too. I'm thinking HID's w. Eurolights, but I've had some cool ideas for the quads recently. A possible HID setup in the quad enclosure. Just a thought, but i think it'd be cool-ive seen this done with Volvo 240 Quads.

I'm also going to switch the foglight bulbs to have a blue-hue.

As for interior upgrades, I have a full 85 505 turbo Dash Cluster coming in the mail along with a 85 turbo steering wheel.

I am planning on either fixing or replacing the dash on my car, as the current one is severly cracked, and has had a dash mat on since the early 90's.

As for suspension/braking, I am planning to get larger discs/calipers all around, along with a 1 coil spring cut (all around).

As for exhaust, i'm thiking MAYBE doing a 2.5" straight pipe, but whatever I do, I am going to keep it cheap until I get this N9T engine (complete with ALL electrical) for a steal ($200) that I recently found.

Any ideas/suggesstions, please post!

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, sounds like your moving forward. Since you already found a factory front turbo spoiler, I won't bother you with the one I found in Aptos. Sounds like you have been getting some parts from Charles from his parted out white turbo. Funny how things go as the guy that bought my 86 turbo diesel sold that white turbo to Charles and you now have parts from it.

Get some photos up!

If you are planning on larger caliper and rotors, I think you will need the later turbo wheels for clearance as I don't think the sti 15" wheels will fit anything larger.

Jeff

As for suspension/braking, I am planning to get larger discs/calipers all around, along with a 1 coil spring cut (all around).

i'd be easy with this. i'd really suggest doing a half coil in the rear to start out with. 1 coil (+flattening) in the rear is way too much, something i've learned from experience, ask victor <_<

1 coil in the front is perfect though.

hey Rob, just remembered something. When you have the rear spoiler mounted, remember to have your radio off if your electric antenna is working, there will be a conflict with the spoiler edge and where your antenna is mounted on the non-turbo models when you open the trunk. The turbo models including the different styled 89 model have the antenna mounting further forward.

Jeff

Good call Jeff!

I've never noticed that till now... With the impending body work it might be a good time to shave the antenna and replace with a nice euro rear roof mounted antenna or something. Lots are doing that little shark fin - but I think a nice fuba amplified antenna would suit the car nicely at the center rear of the roof.

Something like this maybe: FUBA

Or if you're on a budget: Stubby Antenna

Rabin

Attached link with my sold 82 505 turbo diesel with a gas turbo spoiler added. There was a conflict with the spoiler and the antenna when in the up position or in this case stuck in the up postion since the electric antenna quit working.

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/peu.../view/3a25?b=25

Thanks Jeff!

Happy you told me that before i find it out the hard way.

Yeah, about 2 months after i got the car, the electric antenna brokke. When the car was my dad's, he went though a few, and apparently had them shipped back east everytime they broke. I got a new one from Cerrone a while ago, but havent mounted it yet. The one on currently is manual, which isnt that bad, I can just push it down so it wont collide with the trunk.

And thanks for the FUBA idea Rabin, Ive been thinking about that myself. stubby antennas have been on my Volvo 245 since 95'. The old ones broke when my parents (the prev. owners) would go through a car wash, or general issues.

Oh and lol, peciluar33, the 83' grill is currently the headboard on my bedroom wall <_<. Until, then if I want to sell it, Ill def let you know. But FYI, they dont line up properly with euro lights/squares. Theres a little gap.

Oh whoa! Almost forgot today's update!!

Got the 85' turbo wheel behind my door today!

I'm gonna get another black wheelskin to add extra grip. Its the simple kind, leather tight wrap, and sewed. I have one on my 83' wheel.

Here it tis!

l_4e783eefa4f49a3aa1996f70e68f9edc.jpg

oh yeah, almost forgot-

about painting the spoiler...

i want to match it to my claret met.

whats the recommended procedure for repainting it?

also-need some help mounting it.

i can maybe measure the holes, and then apply the measurements to the back of the trunk lid.

Just thinking about keeping Peugeot, besides where the heck do you think the Island imports got the idea?

Forgot to post a pic of my early version quad headlamps with the late model wheels. I like the combination but still think your sti wheels are a bit more sporty.

:P , true.

yeah, i honestly think that the sti rims might stay. i can go ahead with my original plan and refinish them completely ALL either this weekend or next weekend. it might be hard replicating the black inner trim strips

Jeff - why wouldn't the FUBA work on the front? Or do you want the style to match as well? I've always like the amplified FUBA's - supposed to work really well too for reception.

Rob - I like the wheels without the black inserts so you might find the same when you do it. Failing that you may want to keep a sample so that you can get a vinyl guy to cut some up for you. For matching the paint - good luck. Your colour has faded a lot - so your best bet would be to go to a paint shop that has the machine for colour matching off the car. they can then do a custom mix that's usually closer than the paint code but rarely if ever perfect. Doing a contrasting colour like jeff did and blacking out the rear panel between the tail lights looked cool to my eyes...

Rabin

you know what, i think im gonna paint it black now!!

god jeff, that really persuaded me!!

Great job!

Did you do it yourself?

I can probably also do the license plate panel too, but i think it might be too much.-again just ideas.

but jeff, i think that really made me change my mind.

post-8-1201757783.jpg

Rob - I edited your post above and just attached the pic - you have to sign in to see it so it wasn't showing up.

Doing it in flat black, and doing the center panel would look pretty nice I think... If I were to try it I think I'd do the rear vertical side of the spoiler in flat black and the top and sides in Claret Met Red...

Are you still getting the car repainted? If so you might want to hold off and just get it painted all at once instead of doing a spray bomb / crappy job first as it just means more work for the body guy to strip all of it off to respray it properly.

If the repaint is a ways off then it might be worth it - but I'd try to get automotive quality paint put in spray cans instead of using colour match spray bombs... Up here it costs about $30 per can to have proper paint mixed up and put into a spray can...

Jeff - I think the chrome definitely suits the age of the car, and the placement is technically proper at the front... Tried looking for a chome roof antenna and didn't have much luck. For me - I think I'd still do the FUBA at the back... I

I'm actually tempted to pick one up as my antenna hole is plugged with button used to fill holes in a home electrical panel! Plan was always to do a FUBA at the back, so I may as well find one with the dollar back to being close to par...

Rabin

The rear spoiler that you see on my old TD was painted a matte finish. Got the idea from looking at a few mid 80's BMW's that had similar rear spoilers that were not colored matched to the car. The only thing that I never liked after the 1981 model year is the grey insert stripe mid way in both bumpers. I think the bulky 505 bumpers without the grey insert like my 81 model year looks cleaner.

Jeff