Today at work

Guest EUROTRASH

burr !! lol

today it was rainy here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I was out dirtjumping yesterday at a downhill bike park, it started to rain hard, so i had to head in.

also, today i was coming back from rowing practice (30 mins ago), tried going fast around a corner, slid out of control, and almost hit a benz.

Pfft... lightweights!

It's been -50C (-58F) with the windchill for the last week and a half - with us just getting a break today (-38C) - thankfully it's returning to more bearable temps this weekend...

Rabin

Pfft... lightweights!

It's been -50C (-58F) with the windchill for the last week and a half - with us just getting a break today (-38C) - thankfully it's returning to more bearable temps this weekend...

Rabin

Pfft... lightweights!

Rabin

man, that is insane! is -50c cold enough to turn a cup of coffee into ice pellets before it hits the ground?

the 89 has been the daily driver for a while, haven't done any work to it. correction, the 89 is the daily driver assuming i can get it out of my driveway, and there isn't any more then 3 inches of snow on the ground. since it's lowered it's not very forgiving to snow depth :blink:

the toasted dunlop 'summer performance' tires aren't great on ice either. fun though.

Hey man,

Throw some skinny winter grips on some extra rims and it'll turn into a damn good winter car - lowered or not... I've pushed through snow so deep I came to a stop after pushing a bank of snow up infront of the car - backed up and saw the "face" of the 505 in the snow... Was able to back up and go around it and was on my way... Easily 12" of powder as the door pushed snow when I opened it.

Not sure how the Torsen does in the winter though - the clutch type LSD's are supposed to be better on loose surfaces - so that might have made the difference too...

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

Those Hankook tires you see in the picture have all the grip you'd ever need in the snow, and they're among the most affordable. All the cars in my house are front wheel drive and I have the most control on the road in my 505... :blink: , as for those Mustangs and Corvettes... forget about it!

I was able to find spare wheels just in time thanks to a tip from Norcal, perfect if you want to put together a decent winter wheel package. If interested contact [email protected] of California, he said he had lots spare steels.

More info if you need it: (provided by Norcal)

The place is called European Auto W. in Newark, California. (Right by Fremont, California).

Owner, his name is John Srour, phone number is 510-795-8910, fax 510-796-4842, address 7324 Wells Ave. Newark, CA 94560

Wheels for size 15x6 pattern 4 140, tires 205 60 15

I highly recommend doing this before he runs out of wheels, good luck.

post-215-1202263012.jpg

Guest EUROTRASH

i'm with you on that one.

if i had more memory on my cellie i'd take a picture of my 505 right now, which is fairly un-recognizable since it's completely buried by snow. :D

August, why don't you take some pics and send them from your phone to your e-mail instead of storing them?

I'd love to see other 505's in action.. :blink:

Pfft... lightweights!

Rabin

Sounds like old days from here :blink: I remember my daddy telling at in early 70's he was driving oil truck in northern Finland (above polarcircle) and he was goin to pee outside and pee was freecing in curve :D And he went to check temp... -47C.

Now it's not eaven going over -20C... In my army(-84) time (200km north from polarcircle) in winter was normal above -30C (we were skiing and camping on forrests in tents in those temps). Some times it did stay over 40 and it was difficult to breath when marching outside... very dry air.

Also amount of snow has dropped dramatically... in 70's we did have ~1,5m snow and now hardly 30cm

V-M

post-43-1202292556.jpg

• 2 months later...

hahaha honestly the car hasn't changed at all and the best pics are the buttonwillow track day pictures that i posted a year or so ago. with it warming up i'd really like to re-paint it, and i'm going to be buying some new tires soon as soon as I can find some that will take my level of abuse :D

the biggest problem right now is a truck threw up a rock that cracked my windshield, RIGHT in my line of sight. it's really really really really really annoying :(

hahaha honestly the car hasn't changed at all and the best pics are the buttonwillow track day pictures that i posted a year or so ago. with it warming up i'd really like to re-paint it, and i'm going to be buying some new tires soon as soon as I can find some that will take my level of abuse :)

the biggest problem right now is a truck threw up a rock that cracked my windshield, RIGHT in my line of sight. it's really really really really really annoying :D

well, welcome to the club!

im getting mine fixed next weekend