Who did i spot recently?

norcal505

Saw it in Oakland, CA, right after the Alameda-Park St. Bridge.

Driving towards the entrance to 880 southbound.

(excuse my crappy camera phone pic)

Image008.jpg

is this the same car?

cimg0758_a08.jpg

just wondering also because i saw this same exact car (color, model) for sale at corner used car dealer last year. also, in that same vicitiny of that old dealer was a blue 505 turbo with a Cerrone&Sons Plate frame

Saw it in Oakland, CA, right after the Alameda-Park St. Bridge.

Driving towards the entrance to 880 southbound.

(excuse my crappy camera phone pic)

Image008.jpg

is this the same car?

cimg0758_a08.jpg

just wondering also because i saw this same exact car (color, model) for sale at corner used car dealer last year. also, in that same vicitiny of that old dealer was a blue 505 turbo with a Cerrone&Sons Plate frame

There must be a fair number of Pugs running around the west coast. Here there are none (except mine)

Lets see those Renaults ! :(

okee dokee

The red on will be August's SCCA School car (soon, I hope)

The grey one dropped a nut into the engine. Don't know how bad it is (friend was driving at the time) but the whole car only has 35,000 miles on it. It was my daily driver.

The R5T2 ?? They're known as Infant Le Terrible :)

Everything is for sale

post-302-1197819704.jpg

post-302-1197819949.jpg

post-302-1197820116.jpg

post-302-1197820278.jpg

post-302-1197820347.jpg

Btw, There is a guy who lives near me who has a few cool Renaults.

One is a silver, lowered looking, renault coupe that has a huge front windshield decal "team kermitt"

i wonder if this the same guy who owns that mint condition Citroen Ami sedan with french plates, mudflaps.

There is also apparently another couple cool citroens running around my town.

For some reason, my town seems to have a largeish amount of french car owners-but they are all quietly hidden away, and mostly parked in front of houses or garaged.

I'll take a pic of that Citroen if i see it today for sure!

(see it alot)

I'll try to snap one tomarrow during lunch

Ps, theres another dark red citroen-similar to what i described (french plates and all) , but it seems a bit more boxier than the ami-and looks newer..possibly circa 1970's

it as well has the mudflaps

what model is it?

ps, on a random note, while watching some lame christmas show on abc, i was suprised to hear that when they interviewed Bilionaire American Idol Host Ryan Seacrest, he said that his favorite car and his first car was a 85 505 sti

wow!

it was cool because a person who can afford a big n' ugly rolls says that he'd rather drive a peugeot 505.

cool.

lol yup

alameda is known for that :(

yeah and i just saw of a pic of a GS, its a GS i know now.

yeah, by boxy, i just meant "more of a hatch style" than the ami

theyre pretty cool looking, but so are all citroens!

lol yup

alameda is known for that :)

yeah and i just saw of a pic of a GS, its a GS i know now.

yeah, by boxy, i just meant "more of a hatch style" than the ami

theyre pretty cool looking, but so are all citroens!

Rob, the GS models were a little funky but still fun to drive. My Citroen friend has several in his collection. They are powered by an air cooled flat four with the hydro pneumatic suspension similar to the DS. My Ami is powered by a flat 2 cylinder engine that sounds like an over loaded VW bus coming at you, but the GS flat four sounds more like you are on a runway with a Cessna coming at you!

Jeff

Vic. those Renaults got a bad rep for blowing headgaskets because most didnt know you had to bleed the system.

Ya, but Alliances are fussy to put water in. Had to squeeze the radiator hose over and over to get a cup of water into it. And who ever heard of putting the water pump at the very top of the system thereby insuring that loss of a cup of water will cause the pump to be spinning in air. The plastic filler neck also cracked and caused it not to draw water back into the system. But, hay, ask anybody who raced one, we'll all tell anybody that will listen that they were very reliable.

Why did they call them that ?

The R5T2? mine is 180hp, 1750 lbs, mid-engined 2 place car w/vertually no trunk space that turned a 1/4 mile in 13.3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and drag racing isn't really what it was intended for, road racing was. The Rally versions were 440 hp (called Maxi's)

I don't have to sell it but I bought it 7 years ago and haven't driven it since the day I bought it. If someone wants a virgin/original R5T2 that was California EPA/DOT'd, this is it. They sell for $25,000 to $35,000. Mine would be $15,000 as is or $25,000 all done. Quite a discount for doing all the leg work to get it re-titled and registered in California again.

It was given to a body shop who claimed that he could rub-out and revive the paint but he stopped after doing the rear hatch as the paint was too thin. So the current condition is some light trim off and the seats are out as the car carries the fuel inside and it had a fuel smell to it we were going to address. Nothing, however, has ever been finished.

post-137-1198269956.jpg

It was given to a body shop who claimed that he could rub-out and revive the paint but he stopped after doing the rear hatch as the paint was too thin. So the current condition is some light trim off and the seats are out as the car carries the fuel inside and it had a fuel smell to it we were going to address. Nothing, however, has ever been finished.

Nice car! However, I'm also interested in that picture of Horshack (or Richard Simmons) on the crate behind it. <_<