Really Cool American 505 Racecar

• 2 months later...

Sorry - just found this post!

I subscribed to the forum - but every once in a while it misses a post...

So... Did you happen to get any other times for the event? Be curious to see how it's doing against other car... :D

As for the rear wheels - they just look like steel wheels - so the 4x140 pattern was probably drilled onto them...

Rabin

yep that's ralph, he runs /owns (?) the imported car center somewhere on the east coast (front fender). I talked to Ralph a few years ago, and it sounds like he has some seriously cool peugeot's at his dealership.

I think he used to race for peugeot with Peter Ferrell back in the day.

he told me about his 'rally' cars (above), which are pretty much stock. stock injectors, stock head, stock block, stock breaks etc etc. he just runs a modified air filter, race gas, and has an electronic boost controller. he said one of his mechanics does some 'hack' to the ecu and ad's an adjustment pod in order to increase the fuel flow. i'm not to sure about that one though :D

• 8 months later...

yep that's ralph, he runs /owns (?) the imported car center somewhere on the east coast (front fender). I talked to Ralph a few years ago, and it sounds like he has some seriously cool peugeot's at his dealership.

I think he used to race for peugeot with Peter Ferrell back in the day.

he told me about his 'rally' cars (above), which are pretty much stock. stock injectors, stock head, stock block, stock breaks etc etc. he just runs a modified air filter, race gas, and has an electronic boost controller. he said one of his mechanics does some 'hack' to the ecu and ad's an adjustment pod in order to increase the fuel flow. i'm not to sure about that one though :angry:

august I think that was the most funniest comment I have seen on this fourm yet!!!

Ralph is my father's brother, a pretty good mechanic, not owner of ICC, no frickin way he could keep this business afloat for 35 years! He has worked for us for half of his life, has been under my father's wing. and has worked everywhere else also... He has never met Peter Farrell... He has never rallyed. He did Hillclimbs with my father and has done the two circle tracks around this area with the old Daytona's. He does do alot of work with Fiat's and Alfa's also. He actually has the nicest X1/9 with dual 40mm webers though.

His racecar is potentily faster than #45 but still hasn't spent the time to do it. Also #45 I think maybe getting tired, maybe? Ralph shop is RC Motorsports (on the rear quarters)... His new shop is where we just got a new friend (Joey Kale) out of because its a dump... We had to close the nice shop that my father spent $50,000 on repairs on putting in 2 lifts and a drain in, and it was a mile from Imported Car Center. We had a 10 year lease with the owner of the building. On the other side of the building is a The Bodyshoppe. The nicest body shop in the area... They ended up buying the building from the owner becasue needing to expand and wanted our space, and sortof knew the situation. They also book appointments 2 months in advance. They wanted to raise the rent $1000 even though we had a locked in lease with the old owner. My father told Ralph that it was time to start paying rent after a year and a half of not paying shizt, and Ralph had all the the whole time in the world to advertise and build a name for himself, in and around town. Even had his name (RC MotorSports) in front of the shop and on the side of the building and never paid rent. So we closed it, and now my father has finally cut the ambillical cord, and Ralph's paying for a crappy location, runned down scary building. Also bothers me all the time calling me for list and cost and where to find parts all the time now! My father told him to cash-in and start driving trucks... When he moved he ended up with alot of our stuff, because that shop was also where we did all the recons on our cars. and stored all the racecars and trailors.

My first time @ Philo was at this event in 2007. Philo is a 940 foot hill, I ended up doing a 1:18 for my best time in my rabbit GTI. The road is a very small road, not much room for an error... Maybe the most feared and some of the worst crashes here... Ralph distoryed his old racecar here (alot of good racers have wrecked here, but not @ turn 2) after turn 2, after the 2nd turn!!! on a straightway and he went up a enbankment and the ended up rolling it down the steep because it was so vertical!!! remember that in the end of the season in 2006!?