Today's Junkyard Trekking (pics inside)

Hey everyone.

After news that there were 2 505 turbos at the Newark, Ca Pick-N-Pull, I decided to go down and pay a visit there, as well as stopping by John Srour's European Auto Wreckyard in Newark as well.

Sadly :( , the 2 505 turbos were not at the P.N.P. But there was a maroon 505 gls wagon.

There were many parts that I saw today @ john's yard, that i asked him to keep for me, because i will be returning next weekend to pick them up.

I also decided to pay a visit to the P.N.P in East Oakland, CA-but sadly, no peugeots there :(

hey, but i got a few parts for my volvo :lol:

pics of today are below!

(and yes august, i got the pics of the broken wrench :D )

Also, I have some new pics of my car, (with teh new tires i got today

EastOaklandandFremont045.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont046.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont011.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont013.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont016.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont017.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont018.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont020.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont022.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont024.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont027.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont028.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont029.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont030.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont034.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont036.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont037.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont031.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont039.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont048.jpg

EastOaklandandFremont032.jpg

NorCal, are most of the Peugeot photo's of cars at John's place?

Jeff

yes.

the red gls wagon was from the pick n pull

lol after paying $2 to get it, i didnt find anything that i needed for my peugeot-only 4 headrest cushions for my volvo :lol:

oh yeah, and the white 505 turbo parked by a beach, is one of two identical 505 turbos that have been near where i live for as long as i can remember.

one time, at a green light i tried to challenge one of the 505's, but when i sped off, i dont think he really noticed that i was trying to race him :D

but john's phone number is: 510-795-8910

the address of his place is: 7324 Wells Avenue, Newark, CA 94560.

he has a pretty big inventory of peugeots,(505's, 405's, and some 604's).

btw, is Western Hemispheres in Watsonville??

If so, I'm planning on driving down to the montery area, and i might stop by and see if he has some parts that i want, and some parts that i need (ie, shocks, struts, front bushings).

does it have a service facitlity?

I'm trying to find the cheapest place (labor) to install shocks/struts, and some front bushings)

btw, is Western Hemispheres in Watsonville??

If so, I'm planning on driving down to the montery area, and i might stop by and see if he has some parts that i want, and some parts that i need (ie, shocks, struts, front bushings).

does it have a service facitlity?

I'm trying to find the cheapest place (labor) to install shocks/struts, and some front bushings)

yeah WH is in watsonville, but it's more of a wherehouse. Not much of a store front, and no real service facility. I'm honestly not sure if they have any used parts either, but it might be worth a call if your looking for something specific.

There was an independent shop in santa clara i think that worked on peugeot's, I think the guy's name was Luis. There's also another independent shop in campbell, not sure of the name but it was in this building (this building has a bunch of shops, one of them i think works on peugeot's. I've talked to the guy before, and he seemed pretty helpful.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...p;z=11&om=1

yeah WH is in watsonville, but it's more of a wherehouse. Not much of a store front, and no real service facility. I'm honestly not sure if they have any used parts either, but it might be worth a call if your looking for something specific.

There was an independent shop in santa clara i think that worked on peugeot's, I think the guy's name was Luis. There's also another independent shop in campbell, not sure of the name but it was in this building (this building has a bunch of shops, one of them i think works on peugeot's. I've talked to the guy before, and he seemed pretty helpful.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...p;z=11&om=1

thanks august!!

i'm gonna see what I can do. In the mean time, I checked some prices on some parts that I need from W.H., so I'm gonna hit them up. I'll be also heading down to the Monterey Area this weekend, so if I can go check out the warehouse, I'll do it.

I wanna get an idea though of how large their Peugeot/505 Inventory is....

btw august, you lived in the Bay @ one point, right??

where??

I'm in the East Bay, near Oakland, in an island called Alameda.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I called the guy about a used diesel engine : $1,200 !

Hope he likes looking at it.

haha, not the cheapest guy around-but definately one of the closests guys around for me.

Pretty soon, I think I'm gonna drive down to Socal to visit some relatives, and i want to check out that shop that vic suggested. I think on the way I'll also pick up some stuff from Western Hemispheres.

Rob - there was a red 505 Turbo with the rear spoiler intact in your pics - would that not work for you - or was it not in good shape? Can't make it out in the pics if the same car had the turbo front spoiler too - but it'd save you a whack of grief in the long run...

I'd suggest getting the whole deck lid actually - there's like 20 bolts holding the thing on!

Rabin

Rob - there was a red 505 Turbo with the rear spoiler intact in your pics - would that not work for you - or was it not in good shape? Can't make it out in the pics if the same car had the turbo front spoiler too - but it'd save you a whack of grief in the long run...

I'd suggest getting the whole deck lid actually - there's like 20 bolts holding the thing on!

Rabin

hey rabin!

yeah there are few reasons relating to that car-and i am planning on hitting the yard up soon to get some parts from that car.

1-there is some kinda sticky and weird residue all over that car...i dont if it mold or whatever-kinda gross (some other cars there have that s*** on them too ;)

the interior is crawling with bugs, and the seats are almost disintegrated-horrid interior condition.

i have not peeked under that car's hood...but i have-a silver turbo, and a white one.

i am probably gonna venture out to his yard in a week or two.

i plan on also maybe snatching those sideskirts off the blue one

AND IT HAS JACK COVERS!