140 Mph Speedometer???

Alright everyone.

As you might all know, I have a 83 505 STi. It CAME with a stock XN6 :lol: , but after performance upgrades, many upgrades, it has a problem :( . As some of you might know, all the USA 83' 505's came with 80 mph Speedometers. I would be interested in getting a new speedometer (with all hardware neccssary for the upgrade). I also have the Series 1 dash, (the pre-86' dash)

Guest adegnes

What kind of upgrades are we talking here norcal?

read somewhere on the forum that you had swaped engine with a '89 turbo.

post some pics!

well, its kinda of a mut.

my car is immobilized for now.

my dad had the car's engine rebuilt in the early 90's.

my dad had done many perf. upgrades

-- august--im going to ask my dad for some pics of the engine bay.

Plus, the engine my car had a some treatements back in the 90's as well. For ex. the down pipe. I have the turbo (to restore to how my car was in the hand of my dad's back in the day) being held with a local 505 junkyard/ they also have engines at the yard.

My car is currently in my garage awaiting some serious maintence. It needs the following(mechanically):

-tune up

-shocks/struts

-muffler

-header

-turbo

-all neccesary parts for the work going to be done.

currently my Volvo 240 Wagon is my driver.

BTW August...

I sent you many messages.

You didnt reply to any of them??...

I am also sorry if my sig. was a bit misleading , but i did talk to you august before of the deal with my car.

I also was at the Junkyard today.

Many things caught my eye.

I will be picking up all the parts that i saw today on tuesday or friday.

(coudlnt get em' off today, the only staff who was there today didnt do the de-installations.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adegnes

Dammit!

I got here too late!!

:)B)

I found one at a junkyard already though, what tools do i need to get it out??

the junkyard's mechanic is in lebanon, and they said i should bring my own tools....

If it's mounted the same way aa the newer model's dash, you just need a small screwdriver to push the clips holding it on bouth sides.

http://www.505turbo.com/505_instrument_cluster_procedure.php

Nope - it's the same system on the old guage cluster. Should only have two holes on the outer edges, but on the inside edges of the housing close to the guage glass. Holes should be at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock...

Stick two small screw drivers in the holes and it releases the clips. Cluster then pulls out.

Steering wheel usually has to come off though - but I think it might come out in a pinch.

Rabin

alright

so i now know how to do it.

i just need one now.. :(

Check out the 85 STI in the Hayward Pick-your-Part wrecking yard on the Winton St.

For you, South 880, exit onto west Winton for 3 miles and the Yard is on the right just past the stop sign Their sign is (Orange and white)

I was there this past Friday and it had the gauge cluster your looking for.

Good luck, Jeff

Check out the 85 STI in the Hayward Pick-your-Part wrecking yard on the Winton St.

For you, South 880, exit onto west Winton for 3 miles and the Yard is on the right just past the stop sign Their sign is (Orange and white)

I was there this past Friday and it had the gauge cluster your looking for.

Good luck, Jeff

Ok, I just found out that the gauge cluster was removed with some other things this past weekend by a member on the Peugeot-L group.

Maybe I have a lead on another one!

A good friend is getting rid of his 84 GL that has the 140 mph speedo in it. It also has the temp,fuel, and tach gauges in the same cluster. It's an XN6 powered car, that will be used to help out another Pug in Southern Monterey County. So the gauge cluster could be saved from it.

Let me know what you think....

Jeff