trying to buy a 505...

I'm trying to purchase a 505 and the badge has been taken off it.

The manual reads 2.8i, so is that the v6 model?

also, it's been parked in the sun for 2 years so the paint is peeling off the top. surprisingly, it has less than 100,000 miles on it.

Are there any simple bolt on mods that i can do or things that might need replacing?

the rear fuel pump doesn't work so i think that needs to be replaced, but everything else seems to be in working order. how much would it cost to replace it?

thanks for the help.

I'm trying to purchase a 505 and the badge has been taken off it.

The manual reads 2.8i, so is that the v6 model?

Yes

also, it's been parked in the sun for 2 years so the paint is peeling off the top. surprisingly, it has less than 100,000 miles on it.

Are there any simple bolt on mods that i can do or things that might need replacing?

Nope. All "mods" will be custom. Maybe the Volvo or Renault guys that have the similar engine have stuff.

the rear fuel pump doesn't work so i think that needs to be replaced, but everything else seems to be in working order. how much would it cost to replace it?

Don't know. Shouldn't be too much. A couple of hundred I would figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - only 145 in North America...

180 HP was only the N9TEA during overboost.

As for the name, it could also be a 505 GLX - a stripped out GL version with a V6. Naming was kinda weird as it also could be an STI-V6, or the STX.

Rabin

Thanks Rabin.

The info I got was from a local Peugeot Mechanic who had a N9TEA. I belive it was a 1989 Peugeot 505 STX V6. It was very nice, and it was RED!!!

I don't know what it is with me and red peugeot 505's, but we just belong toghether.

BTW Rabin...I would be really intrested in seeing a picture or two of your car. Sounds pretty sweet. :)

Here's a couple pics from a while back... TOO FAR back in fact! Life has been going by so fast that these pics are 3 years old already... :)

Car has been in storage for the last 2 years waiting for the time and the effort to be put into action all the plans I've dreamt of for the last 10+ years.

I better get my butt in gear and get working on it or there's going to be nothing left!

BTW - found some really cool Peugeot pictures and stuff that I scanned in years ago. I'll have to send them in to get posted in the photo section on the site. Pretty cool stuff really.

Rabin

post-8-1178085407.jpg

post-8-1178085462.jpg

Damn!!!

That car is awesome!!

Great condition may i add!!!

ANd oh yes, be sure to post up those pics into our photo section, even if not, you should get a photobucket account(if you dont already have one), upload the pics to your account, then post the urls to a new post on these forums.