505 sedan rear shocks

ahing6

Anyone have experience with adjustable Koni shocks?

My shock broke on me about 4 weeks ago and i found shop with NOS of shelves with endless shocks all types.

So far as my luck goes i found 3 different brands of 1 sides that matches up to 505 with Koni being exactly for 505.

Am going back on weekend to do all out full sweat stock room search see if find other side of Koni 80 or whatever pair.

Question...if i do get Koni pair what is good range to adjust them....soft ...middle...or stiff?

Am running Sr20DET engine so...maybe stiffer?

Don't want hassle of unbolting just too keep adjusting all time.

post-467-0-85900300-1443752154_thumb.jpg

Koni's Red's are supposed to be quite good, so congrats on the find.

I'll defer to V-M's setting advice, but something to consider is what of any effect a long shelf life had. At the very least I'd cycle and compare manual compression and rebound with your other good shock.

Also - if you find 3 more shocks let me know! :) Details on the SR2ODET swap would be great - Previously Metako was the only SR20DET swap thats been detailed in the forum.

Rabin

Went yesterday Sat all prep to do serious dig for other side shock, torch light, bottle water etc. 4min into search there it was, looking right at me on 2nd shelf. Amazing how when you looking for something it's invisible right there 1st time.

post-467-0-22629300-1444567827_thumb.jpg

So happy now...but..had hunt around for missing nut at top with fine thread.

I did comparison with with blue shock no brand stamp, just says made in U.S.A.

The compression/rebound same rate, whereas Koni is softer on compression but same on rebound stiffness at full 2 turns in. So i set it at 1.5 turns in using Koni logo as starting point.

post-467-0-99035200-1444568050_thumb.jpg

They both missing spacer/rubber bumper insert. Are they really necessary, would shock ever see full compression?

Will mount them today and see if notice any diff, been over month since so.

1st yellow Koni sport seems close to 505 type

ahing6, does that shop have any 404 rear shocks for the sedan by any chance

Maybe they do have Mike but i don't know what they look like and not having eg to compare with whats in there can be iffy.

Would look into it though. There's an old die hard Peugeot guy here am sure prob has one in his archives which means more digging through stuff :)

Koni's Red's are supposed to be quite good, so congrats on the find.

I'll defer to V-M's setting advice, but something to consider is what of any effect a long shelf life had. At the very least I'd cycle and compare manual compression and rebound with your other good shock.

Also - if you find 3 more shocks let me know! :) Details on the SR2ODET swap would be great - Previously Metako was the only SR20DET swap thats been detailed in the forum.

Rabin

Sorry Bean..but i was so relieved to find that one other side i totally forgot investigate any further. Loads of other types and in a sea of orange in dim lighting.....ughh can be overwhelming.

No worries at all - I was only interested if you happened across more in your search.

Rubber isolaters are needed, but just reuse your old ones, or you can use stabilizer / end link bushings too.

Rabin