Turned heads at the local BMW dealership

ptootsov

We purchased a BMW X1 for my wife this past weekend and I drove her down to the dealership in our '87 505 STX. I made sure to park it right out front. a few salesmen came over to look at it and were impressed with it's condition surprised I hadn't put historic plates on it yet.

In a related note, this has turned into my daughter's daily driver. She was apprehensive at first, but the first day at school she had at least a few people come up asking for a closer look. The one thing she did not like was when I had the bra on it ( a bit to 80's for her and some of her peers). They were excited last week when the odometer turned over to 75,000.

Question: we bought a cassette adapter for her iphone but it jammed in the stereo and I could not get it out. Finally did, but now it still thinks there is a cassette in there. I want to upgrade the stereo to a cd and either an aux control or Bluetooth so she can stream music. Any recommendations? I want to keep the cost down for now as I may change it out later.

Thanks,

Peeter

'87 505 STX

75k miles

Question: we bought a cassette adapter for her iphone but it jammed in the stereo and I could not get it out. Finally did, but now it still thinks there is a cassette in there. I want to upgrade the stereo to a cd and either an aux control or Bluetooth so she can stream music. Any recommendations? I want to keep the cost down for now as I may change it out later.

if you want to keep cost down, get a head unit without a cd drive. they go by a variety of names, crutchfield (where i buy my stuff mostly) calls them "digital media receivers." ever since i got a car stereo with a usb port, i haven't played a single cd since all of my music is on my iPhone. all of the digital media receivers have usb-input on them, and they are quite cheap (starting at around US$60). plus the iPhone charges while it's connected.

if you want to add bluetooth, the cost goes up a bit (around US$100) but it's still cheaper than an equivalent unit with a cd drive. another advantage of bluetooth music streaming capability is that the receiver will also mostly likely support handsfree phone use, which is a nice safety/convenience feature.

andré