WTB oil cooler and 5 speed

504 turbo diesel

WTB to complete my project. Need oil cooler and hoses/lines for 505 turbo diesel and a mi16 oil cooler to install in my 504 sedan. Also does anyone have a 5 speed gearbox from a 505 that is good used to install in this same car. Any help or leads appreciated

I have the coolers. May have the lines; will check today. Commonly removing the lines from the TD cooler will wipe the threads off one cooler spigot. The cooler with lines attached may be installed in a 504 if done before the engine is installed. Of course it occupies one of the 504 radiator mount holes, so you can use a 505 TD radiator or move the 504 mount over.

BTW what are you doing with the 405 cooler?

Brian Holm

• 3 weeks later...

Brian, we did this swap when I worked at Sunset Coachmen and we were concerned about oil temperatures because the airflow through the XD3T's oil cooler was not going to be as good as it was in a 505, so I added the Mi16 cooler in addition to the XD3T cooler. The late 504 XD2's radiator is stout enough to handle the extra heat load.

hi, back again... Rabin i had the chace to meet up with Andre in person last week [had a great time together] and we went to Ukits together. i had a chance to explain my project to Ukit and he was going to look for parts. he does not have any oil cooler lines at all not even the banjo ends. he showed me a 504 wagon he installed a turbo diesel in and showed me how he handled the oil cooler installtion . Ukit used the metal lines and added aftermarket hoses to fit after market oil coolers yes 2 large ones. now to Brian - even if you don't have any good oil cooler lines, i would be interested in the metal lines and banjos that mount to the oil filter adapter. my mobile number is 626.343.8290 you can reach me there or leave a message and i will return your call or my personal email is [email protected] thanks to everyone who is giving me helpful information in carrying out this project...

marvin