Heater control valve leaking

WilsonRylan

or im thinking the other options are to get a replacment cable heater control valve from autozone with two nipples, use a flange from the hardware store with a nipple to connect to the heater box, run hose off of that to the control valve and plug the hose from the firewall into the other side of the control valve.. Also what if i just connected the two heater hoses to each other and bypassed the heater core altogether, i know i wouldnt have heat but it would keep me running in the mean time i suppose.

or im thinking the other options are to get a replacment cable heater control valve from autozone with two nipples, use a flange from the hardware store with a nipple to connect to the heater box, run hose off of that to the control valve and plug the hose from the firewall into the other side of the control valve.. Also what if i just connected the two heater hoses to each other and bypassed the heater core altogether, i know i wouldnt have heat but it would keep me running in the mean time i suppose.

You could certainly bypass it for as long as you don't need heat or defroster. I would think Rob, Madhu or Brian would probably have a used one if not new.

There was a post on PEUGEOT-L list where he fixed the valve himself, so you might want to attempt that while you bypass the valve.

My winter this would absolutely be no problem, but it should buy you time to find a replacement / fix your existing one.

Rabin

I had the same problem on my 86 turbo that had been idle for 18 years. The heat was still on, but just a little bit. I replaced it with a good used valve with success. Looking at the old valve, it does have four phillips head screws and a cover. I haven't disassembled it , but it might be revivable(?).

Bill

post-1271-0-68843900-1384459487_thumb.jpyea, I mean not having a valve isnt bad at all really, its staying around the 40 and only getting colder so im not worried, and if i keep the blower all the way down i dont get hot at all. Rabin- I dont see any way of fixing the valve, at least on mine you cant take it apart.

I mean not having a valve isnt bad at all really, its staying around the 40 and only getting colder so im not worried, and if i keep the blower all the way down i dont get hot at all.

If you're going to do that you might at least put in a ball valve or something so if you haven't gotten the part by then you can at least turn it off in the summer and on in the winter, without having to drain the coolant each time you want to re-plumb it.

It can be taken in parts 2 of those but fixing it other story. I have not managed to fix it, the plastic parts are hard to get hold with metal ones and keep leaking on other places. And I find working one so I did not study it more. Take that pin from holding arm first and see :)

V-M