Peugeot VIN questions

Hi all,

I just got a list of every Peugeot in Washington State form the Department of Licensing. Mostly I was interested in the 404s and I got quite a few of those, but there are a lot more VINs from recent models that I can't easily decode.

Koll was talking a while ago about getting a 505 Turbo Registry going and this could be the basis of it. Could you folks give me a hand by telling me the post-1980 VIN syntax of the different models?

There are 2843 cars in the file I got.

i did not know that you could do that! i should do that for CA.

as for 505 VIN numbers, here's the decoder guide for the 17 characters of the 505 VIN. i have some other related stuff, i'll try to find & post it. very jazzed about the idea of a 505 registry! :)

btw, mike, i've been meaning to ask you a question about serial numbers, etc. wrt your 404 registry, i notice that you keep a running count of the cars in your registry...do you have the size of the universe you are tracking? i.e., if you had info on all the cars that were eligible for your registry, how many would that be?

andré

Hey André, thanks!

If you do ask California about that, be sure to just get a data dump for all Peugeots. Then we could all share the data. Make sure you ask if there is a cost for this data (number of records etc) first though.

I will share the data I got with you guys once it's sorted. Meanwhile, the oldest Peugeot in WA is 1908 and yeah I have its VIN!

As for the 404 Coupé and Cabriolet models, there were 17,225 built, and we now have 1715 of them, so about 10%.

For the other 404 models, it's going to be tougher....2.8 million were made and lots of these are in Africa...we have 2500 of the other 404 models so far, closing in on 0.1%....

If one of you wants the data to get a 505T Registry going, send me a PM. It's reasonably well decoded and I guess there are just over 1700 505s listed. I think this is a list of all Peugeots that ever were registered in Washington, not those that are necessarily there still. Some of the 404s I got in the list have been recently spotted in other jurisdictions. I also have the Counties in which they were registered.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...