505 turbo 88-> front brakes?

V-M

Hi everybody

look at that : http://leverdie.club.fr/disque_ABR.htm :D:D

the solution maybe ??

christopheV6

Outstanding work Christophe!

A little bit of information is lacking: What is the OEM application for "CoupeA-A"?

Did you have the discs redrilled to the 505 ABS requirements?

Thanks again for your diligent work on this.

Koll

Hi Christophe,

Great work indeed! I have to ask if you have checked out the Porsche 944 NA rotors though.

Stephinger used the larger 944 turbo front rotors with Porsche calipers on his upgrade, but the normally aspirated 944 rotor is the same dimension as the ABS 505 - 283mm. If they would work, you could machine the hub once to the Porsche rotor pattern, then have access to the 944 rotors from then on and still use the Peugeot caliper. (Which is the same as the 944 front caliper)

Porsche brake upgrade

Only other rotors that I have seen that might be a close match are 2000' Volvo V70R rear rotors. They are 283 mm as well with a shallow mounting hat.

I do not have an ABS car so it doesn't make sense for me to investigate - but it looks like you have the tools and the need to try it out.

Failing that working - it still looks like very promising progress on getting some rotors that will work - finally!

Rabin

More details on the 944 option for ABS rotors

Early Porsche 944 NA (83-86). Steel sliding (ATE) calipers, axial mounting a vented disc (282mmx20.4mm). The rotor mounts to the rear of the hub and is set by 5 screws M8x25.

91135104122ZD.JPG

My advice would be to see if the Peugeot hub could be modified to 944 rotors 5 bolt mounting.

Possible upgraded caliper:

BBK Wilwood caliper kit

This kit should work on any 505 with ventilated discs at the front. Early 944's had the same caliper mount dimensions, same calipers, and the same rotor dimensions.

The kit is really pricey though and you could easily make something up for a fraction of the cost.

Rabin