Suggests for forum layout

webmaster

Back when we setup this forum, we went back and forth on how to set it up:

- Create lots of topics for 405, 505, 504, 505 turbo tuning, etc etc.

This was considered, but eventually we went away from this idea because we didn't want 3 posts in all forums. It'd make the forum look like it has NO traffic, so why bother posting!

- Create fewer topics, and one main general thread which is where most discussion would take place for the time being

(How it's setup now).

But now that we've been getting more traffic on the site, we're wondering what all you would think about splitting up the forum into a little more specific categories.

Of course the title of the site is 505 Turbo specific, but we'd really like to make this a forum for all Peugeot owners.

Maybe add a 405, 505, and 505 tuning/performance threads?

Suggestions?

I'm glad you guys kept the forum limited till the traffic warranted an expansion - but now that it's time to expand, it might make sense to still keep it fairly basic.

Maybe just divided it up into RWD, and FWD? Or by series? (4, 5, and 6?)

I think a separate performance forum would be great as well - but I wouldn't limit it to just 505 Turbo's. Since speed freaks are generally interested in all modification ideas - it would be a good place to bounce ideas off other like minded individuals. Plus a lot of modification ideas for our cars are fairly universal.

Rabin

I'm glad you guys kept the forum limited till the traffic warranted an expansion - but now that it's time to expand, it might make sense to still keep it fairly basic.

Maybe just divided it up into RWD, and FWD? Or by series? (4, 5, and 6?)

I think a separate performance forum would be great as well - but I wouldn't limit it to just 505 Turbo's. Since speed freaks are generally interested in all modification ideas - it would be a good place to bounce ideas off other like minded individuals. Plus a lot of modification ideas for our cars are fairly universal.

Rabin

i think that 405, 505, and tuning threads is good idea! props bean!

Why not just add -> others and keep this for 505 turbos basically?

V-M

V-M: We definitley won't be getting rid of any current posts. We have a lot of great info, and I don't want that to go anywhere.

I've thought of sorting some of the general posts to more specific threads after they are setup, but this is going to break any bookmark, etc.. The forum does have a great search feature, but....

I like Bean's idea on the seperate threads for different series Peugeot's, as well as a thread dedicated to performance tuning and upgrades.

I would still like to see what other people have to say. :o

V-M: We definitley won't be getting rid of any current posts. We have a lot of great info, and I don't want that to go anywhere.

I've thought of sorting some of the general posts to more specific threads after they are setup, but this is going to break any bookmark, etc.. The forum does have a great search feature, but....

I like Bean's idea on the seperate threads for different series Peugeot's, as well as a thread dedicated to performance tuning and upgrades.

I would still like to see what other people have to say. :)

Maybe I did put my words wrongly? :o I ment just add one topic with someting like: Other pug models etc. And keep rest 505 turbo consentrated. IMHO

V-M

Many Finnish forums are sorted out somewhat like this:

General discussion

Technical stuff, engines, suspension, drivetrain etc.

Interior, electrics, & stuff

Exterior, looks, rims & things

Projects

Sell/buy

And I like it. I don't really like the sorting by model series, exept if you are only interested in a specific series. It makes using the forum difficult, first you look the 505 section, all kinds of threads are there messed up, or maybe worse, again divided by 505 engine, 505 interior, 505 exterior... etc. Then you have to back up several levels to get to 405, and "start over".

OTOH I think the same as V-M, because this is mainly 505 forum. If this was a general Peugeot forum, things could be different.

Then again, if the forum is divided as I mentioned at the beginning, it would allow all models discussion. :P

Difficult question indeed.

E: One section I absolutely want to have, is the Projects-section! :)

I feel that the origin of this site is the gas turbo 505's. For us that own other versions, there are many topics that relate to all model 505's located here, that are very resourceful. The minority group that we are as owners of any Peugeot model prior to 1992, there are very few sites that are helpful. If you want to add more folders for different series models, you may generate even more traffic. This traffic you invite is a good thing, they are just a few more believers in keeping the Lion alive, regardless of which model. :P Jeff