Road Trip to Bring Joe's car back to NJ

tulaweb

DSCF1527b.jpg

The windshield gasket was split so that corner was loose. It still seemed to be sealed OK but I knew I would be driving through a lot of very bad weather, and it looked like it might also flop around, so I taped it in place before starting out. After the rain started it would have been too late.

Lots of work ahead - but I think it'll really be worth it.

Have you made a list of other items to harvest and install on your car? The 15" alloys look like they'd be one of the first things on my list if it were me. Depending on how well the new car rode compared to yours - suspension would be on the list as well.

Rabin

Have you made a list of other items to harvest and install on your car? The 15" alloys look like they'd be one of the first things on my list if it were me. Depending on how well the new car rode compared to yours - suspension would be on the list as well.

I think my original rides smoother. Remember I did what I thought needed doing to my car's suspension a few months ago with new parts.

DSCF6199b.jpg

Although I haven't decided for sure, I think I may drive the grey car for the winter and let it be the one to suffer the salt, and then do the engine swap in the spring. Meanwhile I can get what's left of the hydrolocked engine out and do a few projects that would be hard to do on a daily driver. For instance I might take out some of the glass to address rust before it gets more serious. Then when I put the engine in the blue car, it can be ready to go.

it was fun following your trip -- on monday, i was driving back to LA from monterey, and i would check in on this thread during rest stops, etc.

your plan to use the grey car as a DD during the winter sounds like a good one. when you do get around to moving the engine over, you should harvest whatever you can (i.e., have room to store) before you scrap the grey car.

WRT your blue car -- when you have it out of service, you should pull out the seats and the carpet and give the interior a thorough cleaning. even if you don't dynamat your car like i did, you will be doing yourself a huge favor. a lot of dirt & gunk can accumulate of 27 years....

andré

BTW, is the P.O Gary Busey? :D

That's me. I used to get compared to Gary Busey all the time but not so much any more. I don't know if I look less like him than I used to, or he's not in the public eye as much lately. Hopefully I don't look like some of the recent photos of him, even after my all night bus ride. For a long time, a day never went by that someone didn't ask if I was Gary Busey but now maybe once or twice a year.

DSCF0002c.jpgGarry_Busey.jpg

...........Dave............................Gary............

That's me. I used to get compared to Gary Busey all the time but not so much any more. I don't know if I look less like him than I used to, or he's not in the public eye as much lately. Hopefully I don't look like some of the recent photos of him, even after my all night bus ride. For a long time, a day never went by that someone didn't ask if I was Gary Busey but now maybe once or twice a year.

DSCF0002c.jpgGarry_Busey.jpg

...........Dave............................Gary............

Busey! Haha just kidding. I think that Busey is far too looney to own a Peugeot. He'd probably get aggravated with the lack of parts in the states and blow it up.

Those bushes look nice. If anyone here was at the meet & drive last weekend, and witnessed what happened after our "spirited" run on Skyline, they'd agree that I've probably gotta throw all of mine out. <_<

Where did you get yours, and what did you replace? PM me si vous plat.

-Sina

Then commence to give it a few more transformations, each one slightly weirder than before, until you get bored,

and set it on fire inside of your garage while taping it for all of your fixie-riding hipster fans around the world.

3204575697_2440d68da4_o.jpg

3517969762_d1ebb15158_o.jpg

4110817430_7bc9011f4f_o.jpg

4509654042_ab6a608b67_o.jpg

5029143155_c5e4b346f9_o.jpg

xlarge_slammington.jpg

Ok I'll stop.

But seriously, if this car is really quite rusty, and you honestly do not see any hope in saving the shell, I say have a little fun before you send it off to its certain death. Maybe cut a few coils here and there, go to the local Stanceworks meet, and before we know it, a bunch of little ricer kids will have purchased the majority of 505's left in our country and destroyed them.

-S

Remove the tape, fix leak and detail it. Put the roof racks on it, clean up the rims really nice, and grind the hood down to metal and let it rust. Instant mad tite ride... :)

tumblr_lx7laiqhA71r9yvk1o1_500.jpg

my favorite thing about this car is the fire extinguisher on the roof. WTF good is it going to do there? :D

andré

Damn - I didn't follow that build at all, but I did know about it. Googled "stanceworks rusty hood" and grabbed a pic. Not my taste - but had to respect the work done.

Checked out some of the vids and links - really well done videography, but shocked to see he slammed a 2800CS E9 Coupe too. Beautiful car - but again not my taste.

Rabin

I think my original rides smoother.

That actually makes sense, as the "STI" had a higher front spring rate, and different strut and shock valving, resulting in a firmer ride though a bit more roll resistance and slightly sharper handling. For day to day use I prefer the "S" suspension as it seems to soak up bumps much better.

That actually makes sense, as the "STI" had a higher front spring rate, and different strut and shock valving, resulting in a firmer ride though a bit more roll resistance and slightly sharper handling. For day to day use I prefer the "S" suspension as it seems to soak up bumps much better.

Then that does make sense. That's just how the two rides feel to me.