N9TE head crack repair

Bean

I was dropping my turbo gas head off at my shop...

Sorry - just wanted to ask if the 89' head did in fact crack, and if so where? It's been mentioned that Eriksson repairs the same areas on either all four, or maybe it's the middle two... Curious if the shop you took it too will do the same - or if they had any tricks they do to stress relieve the casting.

Personally I think cryotreating the head after the repair would be good insurance - the thought being any residual build up stresses that could lead to another crack would be dissipated since cryo is a good stress relief process as well. Sucky part about living where I do - anything neat like cryo has to be shipped way off to get done.

Rabin

Link to back up my cryo claim: http://www.cryotron.com/thermal-stress.htm

I've seen cryo treated brake rotors on rally cars outlast untreated rotors 3:1, and on my Volvo which is kind of known to eat rotors my cryo Powerslot rotors look new wear wise.

Rabin

Sorry - just wanted to ask if the 89' head did in fact crack, and if so where? It's been mentioned that Eriksson repairs the same areas on either all four, or maybe it's the middle two... Curious if the shop you took it too will do the same - or if they had any tricks they do to stress relieve the casting.

i'm also interested in hearing what the shop had to say to koll. when i told my family and friends i was buying a peugeot, they all told me that i should have my head examined....so i'm following this topic with interest.

andré