cars and coffee irvine, june 30, 2012

andrethx

another highly subjective set of pictures from cars & coffee this morning in irvine, california. our local CnC is held every saturday at the taco bell corporate headquarters in irvine...taco bell lends their large parking lot to the show, as well as their parking garage for spectator parking; they even make their lobby restrooms available to attendees! nearby are mazda and kia corporate buildings.

place of honor goes to the only french car i saw at the show, a citroën 2cv van:

IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7847.jpg

lancia appia:

IMG_7842.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

cobra daytona coupe:

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

bmw 3.0 csl "batmobile":

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7851.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

classic alfa spyder:

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

nice mercedes SLs:

IMG_7855.jpg

jensen interceptor:

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

nissan gt-r; these are fairly common here in LA, i see at least 2 or 3 every day (no kidding!). there were about 5 or 6 here at this show:

IMG_7859.jpg

lamborghini countach s -- probably the "star" of today's show, it certainly drew the biggest crowd:

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

ferrari 330:

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7863.jpg

jaguar e-type:

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

alfa guilia:

IMG_7866.jpg

more alfas:

IMG_7867.jpg

andré

Excellent post André!

Do we have any history behind some of the unusual cars presented at the CnC?

When was the first Irvine CnC?

Anyways, amazing pictures, André!

glad you enjoyed the pictures, santiago. not sure about the history of CnC, think it started a few years ago. the website is here, they have these at regular intervals all over the US and now in europe. don't think there are any in canada yet, but it's getting pretty popular so it may just be a matter of time.

CnC is really more of a meet, it's run by a few of the hard-core owners who show off their cars on a regular basis. very informal, you just show up early on the day if you want to show your car. they also have a table set up selling coffee & other beverages for a nominal fee. because the show is so informal, there's no program or anything so the only real source of info for the cars is the owners...sometimes they are with their cars, sometimes they are out looking around like everybody else! the last couple of times i've gone, i haven't had as much time to hang out and chat with people as i would have liked....

andré

glad you enjoyed the pictures, santiago. not sure about the history of CnC, think it started a few years ago. the website is here, they have these at regular intervals all over the US and now in europe. don't think there are any in canada yet, but it's getting pretty popular so it may just be a matter of time.

CnC is really more of a meet, it's run by a few of the hard-core owners who show off their cars on a regular basis. very informal, you just show up early on the day if you want to show your car. they also have a table set up selling coffee & other beverages for a nominal fee. because the show is so informal, there's no program or anything so the only real source of info for the cars is the owners...sometimes they are with their cars, sometimes they are out looking around like everybody else! the last couple of times i've gone, i haven't had as much time to hang out and chat with people as i would have liked....

andré

Thanks André.

I had to laugh to see the really nice Ferrari 330 being completely ignored beside the Lambo. Well not completely ignored - you got a nice photo of it. I don't think that owner will park his car next to the Lambo at the next CnC :)

Paraic

thanks for posting the pics!

i think the countach will always be THAT car from our generation, the one we all had posters of when we were kids. but i do think they look naked without the airplane wing on the back hehe