nick@nite

It came back with a vacuum problem, also had a dead battery. New battery installed

Found out they had an STI MAF on and an AEM metal boost tube that leaked.

Installed a brand new turbo boot, the correct MAF and it runs great now at 18 PSI of Vac.

Needs right side rack boot and the brakes have to be serviced all the way around.

Also the H20 pump is leaking out of the weap hole

Ignition switch, need an OE column put back in

Shifter linkages needs replacing, along with the shifter knob

It still has the adjustable front control arms

Headgasket weaps alittle, not much, the normal

clean up the unplugged plugs along the firewall

Turbo had a nice rebuild by Blouch and the hotside is wrapped, the rest of the exhaust is in great shape.

225/45/15 Toyo R888 are on now

Going to be going with the Hankook's the next round

It's in great shape for 39K on the body by the instrument cluster, it seems about right, #45 Had 62k.

Fuel system is done very well

Lubed the infamous drivers frozen door latch :)

And that's about it, then go racing...

It still has our VT inspection sticker on it from 1993 :lol:

Nick, can you post some photos of things like the lower control arms and how the hell they fit 225 tires? Is it wheel offset that makes room? My car, with 89 turbo wheels and 205 tires has so little room that they rubbed the strut housing under cornering load back in April. No damage but no room for more tire either...

Nick, can you post some photos of things like the lower control arms and how the hell they fit 225 tires? Is it wheel offset that makes room? My car, with 89 turbo wheels and 205 tires has so little room that they rubbed the strut housing under cornering load back in April. No damage but no room for more tire either...

ABS struts are totally different than non ABS and the offset on the early mags are different too. We've always run 225/50 but now going to the Hankook's in a 45 series tyre because they're cheaper and we now know they will work. They're a HUGE savings difference and they're stickier than the Hoosiers in the R6 compound...

Found out what was banging in the front end, the strut washer was missing...

New column switch installed today

Rear caliper boots are wasted, We've used up all the outer seals from the service kits I have here. We know we have somewhere but where since the move now ?

Ordered rack boot and shifter linkage from Holms, have it tomorrow.

The Burke Hillclimb is this weekend, I don;t know what car the old man is thinking about racing yet.

• 1 month later...

OK Nick - that's just rude to post a teaser and not even follow it up!

Detail man! Details!

Comparisons to #45? What tires did you run? Hell - I even had to hunt the results down... :P

Okemo results:

Saturday

Sunday

How come only 1 run each day in the 505? Just sorting stuff out? Was Arlo feeling the car out or was they actual attempts? His Sunday time in the STI was SMOKIN' too - well done for him!

Rabin

• 1 year later...

Just a general update.

Sold the Mint Cali silver 505 to Peter Paine. He loves it.
On the way back from the Citroen meet, #25 blew a front wheel bearing. Had to get it towed back home. Thanks AAA....

The Burgandy GL Auto needed a Radiator, so #25 got the Howe rad. #25 had an Automatic radiator in it so we lucked out.

RockAuto had a new Raybestos right rear caliper for $65, #25's caliper was sticking. L/R we put on a good used one from Tommy.

We shimmed the rear end yesterday. #25 handled like poop. Toed out. Now we toed the rear wheels in.
It's getting a front crank seal too.
installing the other Recaro seat

The Blue 505:
Same thing with having to shim the rear end from being toed out. It wore the r/r tyre almost down to the cord on the inner edge. Very poor handling.
New VDO priming pump

New Brakemaster cylinder last week.
Right side rack boot

Burgandy 505

Radiator and re did and cleaned B+ wire to the starter.

89 Wagon
New Front pads and rotors
Cleaned and greased Needle strut bearing on the R/F

288K and the Headgasket blew right after the fresh brakes.
Going to slapping a different head on, that has very small hairline crack in between 2 and 3. It should be fine for that car.

My burgandy GL is sitting at the moment.
Needs front pads
Front Crank seal
I took the VC off to replace the V/C gasket. My father wants to do a Valve adjustment but hasn't had time yet.
And then Diagnose the no start issue.

Dani Hillclimb car
getting solid motor mounts fabbed up
nothing else to report..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the updates Nick!

Curious about the rear wheel shimming - do you shim the rear bearing carriers on the swing arm to adjust alignment?

I've been looking at the mods E30 guys do with modified swing arm mounts so that the can adjust toe as well as a little camber... Same weld in kits should work, but we'd need longer bolts.

Rabin