Peugeot 505 bumper shocks question

Regards

I have two bumper shocks in the box of Peugeot 505 model '89 on (newer version bumpers) but I don't know are they for front or rear bumper. These are the marks and numbers writen on body:

WAY-ASSAUTO

PEUGEOT 96 015 195 80

906 32 1911

WAY-ASSAUTO

PEUGEOT 96 015 194 80

906 32 1912

Can someone open the hood and check does this numbers match on front bumper shocks?

Which one is left and which is right.

I can't check on my car because for Euromarket models wasn't with bumpershocks it has USA and Canada market only.

I also can't check on spare part catalog because this numbers doesn't match at all, they are too long.

Thank you

i checked my "crash list," it's good for quick and dirty things like this. you're right, the part numbers you have are way too long and don't match up at all with the parts in the crash list...maybe they are some kind of replacement or aftermarket part?

in any event, the data and pictures in the crash list come from the peugeot parts catalog...and the parts illustrations there are not perfect but generally reliable. FWIW, the front and rear bumper shocks for the 89-91 models look very different.

here's the front:

frontbumpershock.jpg

and here's the rear for the sedan:

rearbumpershock.jpg

as you can see, the rear unit has some kind of box on the strut. the wagon uses a different part number for the rear bumper shock (one part number for both sides), but it resembles the sedan units.

my guess is that these are aftermarket units...way-assauto is an aftermarket parts company in italy...the "ATTENZIONE" is clearly italian, it's what caught my attention. here's another link i found with a bit of quick googling, it's an aftermarket shock for a fiat by way-assauto...

hope this helps....

andré

OEM bumper shocks are italian.

Meny OEM Parts in peugeot are not french;

For instance: central door solenoids and central door modul made by "Kiekert"(Germany) or later AOP licenced copy.

Digital clock "Borg" I think Germany.

Third stop light made in Italy.

Air condition cabin blower "Ipra" made in Italy or "Sofica" made in France.

Engine control unit ECU "Jetronic" made in Germany.

Air condition control module "Bosch" made in Germany.

Radio antenna "Hirschman" made in Germany.

Cruise control module "Bosch" made in Germany.

Etc.

I have this spare parts pictures and they are not accurate.

All bumper shocks and front and rear has rubber sourounds (what you call box) even old shock bumper versions.

just trying to help. sorry.

Don't be sorry!:)

Also on your second picture the aligning plate seems elongated and bigger but the truth is that aligning plate fits on front and rear bumper subframe reinforcement, the three bolt distances are the same on front and rear subframe reinforcement.

The difference is probably only in shock length.

well, the reason i apologized was that i got the impression that you thought i was impugning the quality of the parts that you have when i called them "aftermarket." i didn't mean it that way -- for all i know, those bumper shocks could be the exact units made by the exact supplier and sold as OE replacements and aftermarket units (like the AC/Delco coil on my xn6). i was referring to the packaging...there is no peugeot number on them, wrong syntax as you noted, but a bunch of other numbers. i didn't get anything when i googled those numbers, but when i googled the first part of the numbers i got other peugeot parts. that leads me to believe that the "96 015 195 80" number is some sort of parts interchange number. so even if these are OEM units, they may also be listed on some sort of aftermarket parts list or catalog, which might help you identify if they are front or rear units...

andré