Identify this trans/bell housing

bryancohnracing

This came with my 87 505 Turbo, installed (hooked up to the toque tube) but no engine).

Originally I thought it was for a N9T, and why not since that was what the car had? Well, its nothing like the bell housing bolt pattern on my spare N9T engine or my known spare transmission for my 86 505 Turbo w/N9T.

See attached photos.

I've been told it may be XN6 but I need to confirm this. I've no need for a spare that won't fit my car so its gotta go to a good home.

Thanks!

post-279-0-70706800-1325087395_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-31786300-1325087401_thumb.jpg

I thought so too Rabin but then after sending pics to someone who was interested said it was for an XN6, so I was back to square one sort of...

No sale in the end so I want to make absolutely sure what it is before trying to sell it down the road. Did you ever find a photo of the PRV bell housing in your files?

I'm going to dig it out tomorrow, look for part numbers (can't recall what I found in the past) and post what I find.

Hopefully I can make someone happy and fund my project at the same time!

I'm quite sure I sent you a picture - but I've since had the laptop the image was on stolen back in June so I don't have it handy.

If the slave and the starter are on the passenger side then it's PRV V6 for sure. The transmission will also say BA10 which the XN6 never used. (BA7's were the light duty transmissions)

Rabin