WTB 81 Peugeot 505 turbo diesel wiring harness

jenyus

Where do you live dude?

sonora, ca. do you have one?

Should have kept that donor car a little longer! I'd try Pick-n-pull's web site. They now have a search feature for inventory :)

yeah i know that now! we had a few too many cars in the yard and i had to get rid of a couple! next time i swap a peugeot motor into a samurai though, ill remember to keep the donor longer haha. ill check pick n pull, i forgot to check them out.

Thanks guys!

cool! good to know guys, thanks! but pick n pull wont give any more inventory info over the phone than whats on the website unfortunately. so i have to just go and hope that its what i need.

well im not sure how much i need, im thinking of just running the glow plugs on a momentary switch, but i would like the harness at least for the kill switch. does anyone know where the kill switch is on this motor? id assume its either open or closed when switched power is applied to it? if i can figure out where it is and how it works then i wont need the harness after all.

thanks!

If you look at the back top of the injector pump you will see a small vertical solenoid that controls fuel supply. Its right above the steel fuels lines that exit the rear of the pump. Its the fuel stop solenoid. I would think the Samurai ignition wire lead would work fine to control this solenoid. The solenoid is controlled by energizing it to open and closes when de-energized. Thus causing the motor to stop :)

To control the glow plugs you can ether go primitive like you mentioned or wire in a timer relay.

I'd suggest wiring it yourself. They're dead simple, and like Jeff mentions, you just need to control that fuel solenoid on injection pump for go/no-go, starter circuit, and the glow plug circuit. Easy peasy.

I've only ever owned two diesels, and both my first 76 504 D and my current 86' TD have momentary switches controlling the glow plugs... :)

Rabin

• 2 weeks later...