Maybe comming back

Well there happens to be a pretty well used Peugeot 505T not too far from me for sale for dirt.

I'm considering picking it up because....I dont know...

Also i may go look at this one:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1858856705.html

My question is...how good are these cars in the snow?

Also has anyone done an LS swap in a Peugeot yet? I'm sure some of you went :o and others went :( but I was considering a sleeper V8 project as well. Still up in the air, only so much money to spend.

thanks!

Matt

These cars are fine in the snow with good snow tires. And you'll have some fun with good snows on, though I wouldn't worry to much living in NJ. The thing that you need to consider with the S models are front rotors, ABS rotors are Very Very $, about $350 a rotor if you can even get them...

i highly doubt he'll sell it for cheap. I think I have $700 cash. I have $6,000 in the bank but I want to like, get a college education.

I've been staring at it for 2 days now.

Can someone please explain why these cars are addicting... I dont understand, they're square and not super exciting, yet I want another hit of this peugeot weed.

hey whats up norcal, how ya been?

These cars are fine in the snow with good snow tires. And you'll have some fun with good snows on, though I wouldn't worry to much living in NJ. The thing that you need to consider with the S models are front rotors, ABS rotors are Very Very $, about $350 a rotor if you can even get them...

if I'm going to spend $700 on rare rotors...I'm going with a 4 x 100 or a 5 lug conversion. period. Not worth that much for rotors. God forbid I need some, It'll probably be cheaper to have them machined myself! lol

haha, where do you intend on going? I feel your pain though, almost everything I make goes to my college fund, and I want to get into any ivy, i need to get some crazy grants.

If you want more of a project car, i'd go for something a little less valuable. I'd have a hard time tearing this one apart..

if I bought the red one I would not alter it in any way. I'd go tot he extent of putting on a euro plate, a mild exhaust system (becuase the turbo was so damn loud on my last one with no mufflers) and a mild sound system.

The other one I'm looking at that I'd molest is silver and the guy's like bla bla bla I just dont want it and have no time. lol

ABS rotors are no longer a big deal - with a little machining older Porsche 944 front rotors can be made to bolt on... Search on here for Porsche and you'll find my posts.

Seems like a killer deal for that red car, and no - I have no idea why these cars are so addicting, but they are. I gave up on going cold turkey, and now I DD Peugeot's winter and summer.

BTW - Peugeot's on studded winter tires absolutely rock. I was getting awesome times against FWD and AWD in winter events in the 89' on studded Continental WinterContact2's.

IMGP0629.JPG

Gallery

Rabin

ABS rotors are no longer a big deal - with a little machining older Porsche 944 front rotors can be made to bolt on... Search on here for Porsche and you'll find my posts.

Seems like a killer deal for that red car, and no - I have no idea why these cars are so addicting, but they are. I gave up on going cold turkey, and now I DD Peugeot's winter and summer.

BTW - Peugeot's on studded winter tires absolutely rock. I was getting awesome times against FWD and AWD in winter events in the 89' on studded Continental WinterContact2's.

IMGP0629.JPG

Gallery

Rabin

That picture is full of awesome :o

So do I want a Peugeot 505 T again or do I want to be impratical and get a Mitsubishi Starion with a 302 V8 crammed in it?

Ughhhh

And no the VR4 never sees dirt. Current runs a 13.3 @ 105mph on the quarter. The blue one is currently the 2nd fastest trapping NA FWD 3S at 97mph

I'd have to say that a 302 powered Starion would be my choice, but the install would have to be done REALLY well, with the fuel injection intact.

If it's a butcher job then I'd go nice 505 turbo. A badly done motor swap would be a nightmare to sort out.

LOVE the Starion looks though - I've always wanted one.

Rabin