Vancouver BC - Weekly classic European car meet

Double02

Hi all,

I'm not a Peugeot owner at present but have lurked here for a while since I expect to own one at some point.

A couple of car clubs I'm involved with meet every thursday in the Vancouver area. The cars are generally of the 70s to early 90s vintage. At the moment BMWs dominate, but I'm attempting to broaden the base a bit. Any Peugeot, or any European car from the 60s through early 90s for that matter is certainly welcome.

The meet location does move although we have two favourite locations. When the weather is good we meet in Richmond at the Ironwood mall complex near Steveston Hwy and No.5 Road. When it is rainy we meet in East Vancouver at the Canadian Tire near 12th Ave. and Rupert St. Generally people arrive between 7:30 and 8:30PM.

For specifics, you can check out the local forum www.bcbimmers.com, contact me through the club website at www.ClassicEuropeanCarClub.com, or just PM me. Hope some of you can make it out.

Also, if anyone local would care to join the CECC or contribute some Peugeot content for the website just let me know.

Thanks,

Bruce

I love this line Bruce:

I'm not a Peugeot owner at present but have lurked here for a while since I expect to own one at some point.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about the get together. Sadly I'm a bit far away in Saskatchewan, but if I ever find myself in BC with one of my cars I'll have to check it out.

BTW: I edited your post so your addresses were links.

Rabin

85pugsti has a claret coloured 505 and lives in b.c. IIRC.

Thanks guys.

Hope some of you can make it out some time. Bigger car or brand-specific meets are nice, but a) they always seem to take ages to organize and :D aside from the big boys like BMW, Porsche, etc., most marques don't seem to have the critical mass of older vintages to manage a regular meet on their own. Even the BMWcentric meet I regularly attend is starting to get overpopulated with newer models.

I can do regular bumps of this thread to update the weekly location if there is interest. This week (April 1) I think we'll be at the Ironwood location in Richmond since the weather looks half decent. I did exchange a couple of messages with 85pugsti, but there could be a few other locals around.

There's also a pretty active yahoo group called Peugeot-L that would be good to post event details on as well.

If not interested in joining that - just update here and I can post there with the details. (Or just send the link to this post.)

At some point I NEED to have my 505 Turbo back on some BC mountain roads - when I bought my car I came north from Spokane to Cranbrook, then over to Lethbridge. Some of the nicest roads I've ever been on, so I'd love to do it properly at some point and not in a fully loaded car. (It was still awesome even loaded down.)

Rabin

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bruce,

Outside of a local showing up, one day's notice isn't really enough for most of us to act on that. Hope it all goes well and you do have some neat off-brand cars to report of.

Best of luck!

Understood. This is a relatively low key, weekly, local event so I was directing this mainly to any locals that wanted to go for a drive and talk cars. When we have a bigger meet I'll make a separate thread and give more notice.

Since this one happens every week, any out-of-towners expecting to be in Vancouver on a thursday can post here or PM me ahead of time and I'll let them know the plan for that week.

Understood. This is a relatively low key, weekly, local event so I was directing this mainly to any locals that wanted to go for a drive and talk cars. When we have a bigger meet I'll make a separate thread and give more notice.

Since this one happens every week, any out-of-towners expecting to be in Vancouver on a thursday can post here or PM me ahead of time and I'll let them know the plan for that week.

Hey dude I'm in Vancouver.. I dont have a peugeot any more but I'd like to come out sometime with the benz

Maybe next week?

Cheers

Hey dude I'm in Vancouver.. I dont have a peugeot any more but I'd like to come out sometime with the benz

Maybe next week?

Cheers

Sure, a Benz would be fine. What year/model?

I'm going to miss the meet on the 29th since I'll be doing last minute prep for the Spring Thaw cruise starting early Friday. I'll usually nominate the meeting location but since I won't be going I haven't set the spot this time. I'll post the location as soon as it's agreed. Or, you can check out the bcbimmers site and the 'Offishul Thursday Meat' thread, but you'll have to register to be able to read it.

I should be around for the following week assuming the Canucks aren't playing that night.

Sure, a Benz would be fine. What year/model?

I'm going to miss the meet on the 29th since I'll be doing last minute prep for the Spring Thaw cruise starting early Friday. I'll usually nominate the meeting location but since I won't be going I haven't set the spot this time. I'll post the location as soon as it's agreed. Or, you can check out the bcbimmers site and the 'Offishul Thursday Meat' thread, but you'll have to register to be able to read it.

I should be around for the following week assuming the Canucks aren't playing that night.

I've got a 93' 400E. It's a great car but handles like a tank compared to my old peugeot