Peugeot leaving WRC?

Guest buck

Yep - they announced that they are leaving for the 2006 season - rumours are that they want to pursue a LeMans win in a Diesel powered car...

Don't be too sad though - they recently announced they'd be back for the 2007 WRC season...

They dominated this year with the Citroen and Loeb - and they tend to step back once they dominate a sport. They did the same with the LeMans wins in the early 90's, and when they dominated with the 205 rally car in the 80's... Even Pike's Peak - they set the record with Ari and never wnet back...

Rabin

You mean they ain't quitting? That's the best news that I have heard in many moons. Buy the sender of that news a beer!

p.s. - isn't that a common marketing ploy- threatened retirement? I thought that only celebrities did that.

-Bill

YES! dont miss that one... straight insanity

WOOHOO - they're airing Catalunya (sp?) and Australia Sunday on speed (Actually Monday morning at like 1:30 AM if memory serves....)

And just to clarify - they're gone for 2006, and supposed to be back for 2007. I'm guessing it depends on how successful WRC is, and what kind of exposure ratings they continue to get.

It's all about ROI.... (Return on investment)

Rabin

I was wrong about the airing time - it was last night. Luckily I caught it on tape and watched it this morning.

Awesome rally! It was easily the most exciting of the year. Heartbreaking for Skoda - man that sucked. It would have been a great underdog story... (Still was in a way I guess...)

Sounds like the Focus... Focii? Will be a force next year, as well the privateer Chronos team with Loeb driving his old Xsare will be hard to beat... (It was kinda nice to see him make an error!)

Definitley worth the effort to see it... :unsure:

Can't wait to see how next year unfolds now...

Rabin