86' 505 GL Turbo sedan

nick@nite

Believe me - the car is more than a little "loosey goosey" and you have to steer with the throttle 95% of the time. Much like driving a boat really, and it's HELLA fun.

Besides - If you wanted it to be even looser - you'd take the front bar off.

It takes a fair bit of skill, but when you do it right - few things feel as good as nailing a course with perfect corners.

Rabin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Black Rabbit I had a lot of time on the Ice with Screws on and it was fun as hell until I ran out of air.... The rabbit was giving the subies a run for they're money....

Went to the doctor this morning... Got Strep, even though today I feel the best so far today than I have all week... I hoping to go tomorrow even for a little while, I am not willing to do a full heat cycle watching a corner in between runs....

Once I get the cage installed in a winter beater 505T, I plan on making some bolted tires for our ice competitions.

For those that don't know - bolts on ice have more traction than summer tires do on pavement, so it's crazy fast. It still slides and stuff - but just at much faster rates of speed. :)

Rabin

Well had great fun yesterday....

Though the 505 isn't the fastest but as always the ass end you can throw out and will come back. I was sideways on every single corner and would bring it back, well sometimes I did get her stuck and I did get the most help pushing her out just cause we did get fresh snow Friday and Saturday night...

I didn't care by the end of the day I was just having fun.

My father ended up bringing a $500 V6 Audi 90 Quat that needs a throw out bearing but survived the abuse and has brand new non- studded Gislavids that worked great....

The fastest was gen 1 Miata with Bolts and the tires didn't leak, great to see a RWD that could do that.

There was three RWD that competed though a friend on Saturday with his 82' E21 thats boosted and running on VEMS blew his screws...

Other than that was a 95' 525 that had regular snows on and was focused on smoothness, I on the other hand didn't care....

I forgot to fully charge the Go pro, I did one round and for some reason it fell off inline for the second round and when it did it killed the battery...

http://vermontracing.com/1/index.php?album...2011-27-feb_ITT

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

Wow - I would have thought with bolts that long they'd fold over...

Pretty cool to hear they worked that well.

BTW - the 505 looks awesome in the snow. Now you just need to build some bolts and take #45 out. :)

Rabin

• 1 year later...

My right front ball join was bad, and was sezied....

The struts were new 12 years ago when the accident happened and when the car was totally repainted...

I had to take the strut out and heat it up. I cooked the top shock seal oil started pissing out. Took over an hour with an air hammer...

End result ruined treads getting the BJ out....

The worst one my father has ever seen to get out....

Oh well at least I new a new one here....

But a pisser...

Holy crap - that's a LOT of heat into that housing if you boiled the shock oil!

I've never had that one that bad either - always had good luck with pressure on the tie rod with one of the screw type separaters, and impacts on either side of the arm at the same time (Anvil on one side - 5lb hammer on the other).

Rabin