I miss my pug

1320Turbo

What did the over priced misubieshit break yet?

When my father was the Mitusbitchi dealer after Peugeot left, We hated the quality of parts, espeacially the drvieshafts of the VR4's, We sent back brand new driveshafts because they we're the made wrong and looked fragile. Not to mention now you see every Mitsu and their valve seals don't get along, not to mention the lifter noise, on these car from 92-99'

Put it this way my father's Tubo wagon has almost has 270K and still has the orginal suspenion, that says something there.

Don't worry I also miss my Turbo sedan also, and the new owner still trying to sell it every chance that he gets, I see it on CL all the time. It was towed to another shop, a guy that use to work for my father. The towing service bent the inner tie rod on his varible rack, and Ralph put a non varible on not knowing it, until after. :D

I wouldn't say over priced, and I've built the fwd 3000gt from scratch and even mix matched parts from various cars and mod parts all went on without any issue of fitment.

Lifter tick is 91 - 98, in 99 they upgraded the lifter bore. Simple fix for earlier years as its a bolt on type deal

VSS is a sorta common problem depending on how well the engine was taken care of, neither of my 3000gt's show signs of that and there havn't been too many threads lately

The driveshafts have been known to hold 600 horses without snapping, 500 is about the threshold where you NEED new ones. Only actual issue is the 91-92's had 18 spline output shafts on the trans and they hold less horses than the 93+ 25 splines.

Only problem with the ol' pug is it would have have run. The amount of money I'd have to put in it would more than have severely outweighed just buying a decent 505 Turbo. the rear control arms (If i remember correctly) were really really rusted and to just replace those would have alone outweighed the value of the car lol.

Anyhow the 505T was a sweet looking car however theres no aftermarket for them and getting parts isn't as easy as the 3000's by far. That and the 3000gt forums have about 14,000 registered users whilst here has like 300? maybe?

I made the same mental calculations you did when this nice Supra popped up locally a little while ago. I had one and know the cars inside out.

For me it came down to driving what everybody else had - or wanted to have - or wanted to race against. Screw that. I'll take what I learned and apply it to a car no one else can figure out.

Sure, they have all the negatives you mention, but that's where the challenge is. With modern cars, it's just a matter of opening your wallet. Follow the prescribed "Stage x" build-up.

With our cars, it's all about the owner and his abilities. Are they better cars? No. No 505 is going to be a stoplight hero. But you have to remember, someone always has more HP and will hand you your butt. Most Mitsu guys know that feeling. :D

Is building a Yota or even Mitsu easier than a 505? Sure. But you'll still drop 20-40K for top-10 status. For that kind of scratch, you could have a small fleet of cool unique cars.

Ya, the 3000 is a cool car and I'm the first to admit, the 505 is not for everybody. I've actually never recommended the car to anybody. At least nobody I know personally has what it takes to take a wounded orphan car and bring it into modern car-type serviceable condition.

Have fun, don't get any tickets and watch out for those big single MKIVs.

I'm not dissing on jap. cars at ALL, but I do have to say, what you drive reflects yourself.

Peugeot is a modest, semi-luxurious european car, which tends to have class.

cars like civics are just seen as 'tools', IMHO.

But your car is nice. I like VR4's, but I have a soft spot for SV21 All-Tracs...as I do own one. :D

torque converter? automatic? what? lol. Both are manual.

If I found a decent manual 505 in a shape where I could fully restore it without spending more money than having bought my 3000GT I'd totaly pick one up. I built my stealth from scratch and I know the platform like the back of my hand.

3kgt's aren't really new enough to have "staged" builds, granted there is a large aftermarket for them it's not slap on a fatty turbo and go.

And I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say my stealth is pretty damn unique.

th_TheConversion.jpg

and became

epic5.jpg

DSCF6410.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats my mom's 92 GTI. Everything original (minus rims, stockers are at my aunts garage)

150k miles, manual, interior is showroom new, exterior needs paint or reconditioning and clear coat. Minor minor minor (like maybe a dime's worth on the whole body) rust. Chassis is pretty damn rusty though, about as bad as my 505Turbo was. If she keeps it for the summer I may take it off her hands and throw a VR6 motor in it and a new trans. I think I'll stick with the mitsu's though. It really is a neat car

What did the over priced misubieshit break yet?

When my father was the Mitusbitchi dealer after Peugeot left, We hated the quality of parts, espeacially the drvieshafts of the VR4's, We sent back brand new driveshafts because they we're the made wrong and looked fragile. Not to mention now you see every Mitsu and their valve seals don't get along, not to mention the lifter noise, on these car from 92-99'

Put it this way my father's Tubo wagon has almost has 270K and still has the orginal suspenion, that says something there.

Don't worry I also miss my Turbo sedan also, and the new owner still trying to sell it every chance that he gets, I see it on CL all the time. It was towed to another shop, a guy that use to work for my father. The towing service bent the inner tie rod on his varible rack, and Ralph put a non varible on not knowing it, until after. <_<

Ive noticed the same smoking problem on those 3.0 powered Chrysler cars & minivans. The water pumps on those are supposed to be a bear to do also.

I like those cars, but my old girlfriends seemed to act up as it aged. But, she didnt exactly take good care of the car or herself for that matter, lol.

If I did find one of those in good condition today that had been well maintained

Id be tempted. Problem with any performance car is once they get cheap enough they end up in the hands of a neglectful owner who usually runs them until they are on their last leg or they end up sitting behind a trailer home after they break them.