Getting ready to race #45 for the first time

nick@nite

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Epic thread! I'll inbox you, as I am very interested with these Diamond Racing wheels and the engine tuning involved. Awesome story! Good luck and post pictures!!!

• 1 month later...

Non Pug Related....
Doing The Okemo I Hillclimb this weekend in an 97' AEB 1.8T A4 with 300WHP..... Atleast 3 ov my friend have owned it... And over 8 owners now..... my father bought it cheap... It's the most Whored out A4 in town.... :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Spoke to Arlo this weekend as I wanted to track down the parts lent to Nick, and I hadn't heard back from him after a few weeks of trying.  Sadly Nick's got himself into some trouble, so hopefully he finds his way soon.  I didn't get any details or specifics on Nick's situation - but hopefully he's able to get sorted out and resume updates at a later date.

Update on their projects:

• #45 is on the back burner and Arlo isn't sure if he's going to be able to complete plans to return it back to a hill climber.  
  • #25's motor was leaking badly, so they decided to install the modded motor Nick was documenting above into #25.  Arlo want's to vintage race it so all the custom bits are all still there, but he's also busy running a business - and at the commendable age of 68 now - he's not sure how much he'll have time for.  

I'll try to stay in touch with them and get updates whenever I can on this build as it was pretty epic - and it sounds like it's got some momentum.  Thankfully Arlo is going to be collecting the parts I had sent them and he's returning them which is a huge relief on my part. :)

Thanks,

Rabin