Been Causing Quite a Stirr on VwVortex...

I posted up a thread of my car yesterday on Vortex, and I've been just getting replies, replies, replies....

Crazy. Did not know how many people actually thought I had a nice car.. :wacko:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3991945&page=1

Apparently alot of people still like Peugeots... :)

the euro plate frame looks great btw !

the euro plate frame looks great btw !

Just another reason why they need to come back to the states! Peugeot is still very much alive... I don't want to know how many 206's Peugeot could have sold here... Such an awesome car.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I was going to post, but the thread is to old. THIS THREAD IS PRICELESS!!!! NORCAL sell the Volvo tankers! Buy an aircooled, A1 or A2 VW and fix the Peugeot with the money that you get from those two car. VW's Part are availble and cheap and vwvortex is poortex or whoretex you can find anything cheap for used parts... Vw are easy fixing and you can do alot yourself, instead of the crazy labor rate that west coast shops charges an hour. And I thought our shop was high at $76 at the moment. Vw's also do drive like tanks, I feel they never had a nice car and only sold there cars as a safe car and that's it. My other uncle, Butch is great Volvo mechanic and turned his son into a Volvo freak!!!

Nick - have to disagree with the R Volvo's not being performance cars...

261 HP, TD04-19T turbo, AWD... My stock car will eat stock WRX's, and with an ECU tune and exhaust ($1500) will hunt STI's... and mine is just a 00' model year - the 04+ V70R's have even more potential.

Don't confuse them with sports cars, but they're definitely every bit the performance car.

Rob - the VW posts are funny. Bit confused though - A1's and A2's aren't air cooled... The air cooled cars use different names I thought. A1 and A2 refer to the first series of water cooled cars - like Nick's A1 VW Rabbit. No?

Rabin

Nick - have to disagree with the R Volvo's not being performance cars...

261 HP, TD04-19T turbo, AWD... My stock car will eat stock WRX's, and with an ECU tune and exhaust ($1500) will hunt STI's... and mine is just a 00' model year - the 04+ V70R's have even more potential.

Don't confuse them with sports cars, but they're definitely every bit the performance car.

Rob - the VW posts are funny. Bit confused though - A1's and A2's aren't air cooled... The air cooled cars use different names I thought. A1 and A2 refer to the first series of water cooled cars - like Nick's A1 VW Rabbit. No?

Rabin

I just don't like Volvo's because everthing breaks besides the motor, the motors are the best part about the car, but I just can't stand them. I grew up in the Peugeot's, and then I moved to VW and I drive alot of the new Audi's and compared to all of those cars I cannot get into a Volvo and drive it or even sit in one without me Bitchin' about something I don't like about Volvo cars... Like I said, another one of my dad's brother is a good mechanic and works for the dealer in town, and his son (my Cousin) works here and drives an 89' 740 turbo wagon, with some IPD stuff and its a slug. But yes I take it back, they have performace car but not a sports car.

Also ment I love the Aircooled, and A1 (Rabbits) or an A2 GTI