Heading Out To the Yards....

norcal505

Update** :

-Yard finds for today was pretty disapointing.

Only one Lion there, a 84' 505 STI Xn6 Auto sedan.

Grey on Black.

The car has a few stuff, I got the pass side taillight, a few coat racks,

sadly, this car's front bumper was jammed up, so I couldnt remove the headlight brackets :lol:

Dammit!!

But, I'll be at Moss Landing the week after next, this upcoming weekend I'll be at the Tahoe House.

Btw, the 505 @ the yard had a Trailer hitch :)

So, if any of you here are some tow freaks, you better hit it up.

I have TONS of pics from the yard trek today, but mostly volvo stuff, there are a few pics of the 505.

I need a chunk of fuel line, it goes from the fuel filter to the metal fuel rail. i need need need need NEEEEEED this part if I'm going to save a 3s. Its a one foot rubber fuel hose thats preventing my car from going

This Saturday and Sunday I'll be out again.

Down to Moss Landing, and a stop by Western Hemisphere's, if it is open.

Gonna be brave and drive the 200 miles in the 505 with no A/C, all windows down, speakers pumpin.

The music almost makes up for the lack of an a/c :lol:

God do I need a recharge :)

Rob, I can save you a trip south. I got a chance to stop by the Moss Landing wrecking yards yesterday. There isn't a Peugeot in sight! What were there have met there end.

Now if you are looking for Volvo stuff, like wagons and such, The PNP in Moss Landing has 8 of them. (4) 240 and (4) 740 series.

Miles likes his weekends off, unless you see a TD CX out front, his place will be a sleep.

Jeff

damn.

that sucks

seems that time really does matter.

oh well, gonnna try to stop by anyways this sat., and see if anything shows up.

now i'll know to stop at other yards on the way.

by the way, who here's ever tried the Rancho Cordova Import PNP?

'm gonna check it on the way up to Tahoe on Mon.

lol can you pick up my part or not? this is the stupidest thing to go wrong and no one knows how to make one or get one. lol

lol can you pick up my part or not? this is the stupidest thing to go wrong and no one knows how to make one or get one. lol

I need a chunk of fuel line, it goes from the fuel filter to the metal fuel rail. i need need need need NEEEEEED this part if I'm going to save a 3s. Its a one foot rubber fuel hose thats preventing my car from going

You need to call around to some hydraulic shops - most can use the existing bango fitting and crimp a new hose onto it. You might even be able to do it yourself by exposing the fitting and seeing if high pressure injection rubber hose will fit on.

Keep in mind that filter is very common on other CIS cars like VW's and Volvo's - so you can likely use something off one of those cars too. If you can't figure out how to fabricate / make a simple rubber hose work, then 505 Turbo ownership might not be for you.

Rabin

yeah, I agree with Rabin.

You'll find it that times come where you are forced to improvise, as the parts in america are so scarce and so expensive.

There are also some times when your faced to do things that require some DIY work.

You also need to be able to trouble shoot very well.