another cool car my father owns

nick@nite

got any vids?

+1 on the vids

The 302 ford block is a personal favorite of mine. The cylinder walls are nice and thick, and there are so many tuning options for it it's crazy! Imagine one of those in a 505. To bad you'll have to convert it to a live axle when you do. I doubt the original reared would bolt up / handle all that horsepower and torque.

+1 on the vids

The 302 ford block is a personal favorite of mine. The cylinder walls are nice and thick, and there are so many tuning options for it it's crazy! Imagine one of those in a 505. To bad you'll have to convert it to a live axle when you do. I doubt the original reared would bolt up / handle all that horsepower and torque.

Axels and suspenion are mustang now... Its rwd now... was not we he aquired it from the auction. The only thing that needs an upgrade is the brakes, which 2nd gen Rx-7 calipers in the rear will work and quite the upgrade and we bought a Gen 2 Rx-7 that wrecked at Mt. Philo hillclimb, the same year my Uncle Ralph wrecked his 505 Turbo that the aftermath footage is on youtube and on here. 11" rotors would work better up front but no need to go that fast unless went Supercharged... Which I sold the Paxton charger because the car is running so well off the 15K we put into it. No need to waste for $ and then may have a melt down...

One of my friend worked at the body shop that we had them paint the and nose, and hood on the car. and he told me the other day that he still thinks he has the footage of when they tried to get the car into the paintbooth. Inwhich they have an incline at the shop to get up all the way into the booth. Which it pretty funny. The car has oversized cams and just grumbles... Sherman, the other parts guy here own a 79' Corvette and is cammed also. I call his Vette a junk, so we have a grudge match in a drag match.. I know the Miata is lighter and could burn more rubber because of it, but the tranny shifts hard

Another Off topic though I will know soon about my cunnuck friend Doushane is coming out with his SUPERCHARGE MI-16 project B)

Axels and suspenion are mustang now... Its rwd now...

That's a sweet ride alright - but Miata's are always RWD - so that's not something you'd have to change.

So what did you guys spent $15K on the motor on? Any dyno numbers? (I love the sound of a done up Ford V8 - they sound wicked!)

Rabin

• 2 months later...

+1 on the vids

Not only that, but the HO 5.0s have alot of nickel in the block making the cylinder walls very durable.