Dumpvaulve on 505turbo?

Does it work to have a dumpvaulve on my 505 turbo?or will it the car stop at idle because of the "air-mass-adjuster"???i dont know what its name is on english, but i hope you understad what i mean...because i really want that "ptchh" sound when i "releas" the throtle...

And to adjust the turbo pressure, i got to remove the safty sensore, that cuts the fuel when its goes over 0.7bar.how do i remove it, and where is it??

Thanks a lot for the good respons guys..

the overboost sensor, did you mean "Nr 1" or "Nr 2" on my pic..?is it just to unplugg it and then its fine?if its not one of them on the pics, could you show me??

Thanks a lot for the good respons, and bye the way, for adjusting the boost pressure, do you adjust on the wastgate "arm" og with a boost-controller?whats best??

Thanks guys!!:)post-303-1204974548.jpg

I read the info that one on the forum posted, and its said that the fuel cuts at 0.7bar, but is it just to unplugg the sensor and it will be fine? but i ment whats best, because i know that the wastgate arm is adjustable, but what is best to adjust that or with a boost controller?

The overboost sensor cuts at 1.1 bar boost and nothing else, if it isn't broken. If anyone said that it cuts at 0.7 bar they were wrong.

You shouldn't unplug it at all since it is there for safety.

Others recommend adjusting boost with the wastgate-arm, they say that with a Manual Boost Controller (MCB) you get large boost-spikes.

I have no experience of either.

one more thing, my car runs very bad on idle, (very low rpm)arround 500rpm, and sometimes it stops, how can i adjust the idle up a little, to arround 800-1000rpm so it dont stop...(and bye the way, what is the yellow little light in the left corner in the speedometer, it flashes when the car allmost stops)i dont have the cars manual.

Thanks for the help so far:)

The idle speed adjusting screw is located on the throttle body, it's about 6mm in diameter and made of brass.

These threads should contain all info that you need for adjusting idle speed and mixture.

Procedure for throttle plate adjustment

Idle mixture adjustment

Just ask if you need more help. :)

do i have to adjust the mixture? and could you upload a picture of the idle adjustment?

And with a bypass dump valve, do i get that "Physs" sound when releasing the trottle?

Thanks so far:)

You don't have to adjust the mixture, but you could at least check if the mixture is within specs.

I don't have a picture of the idle speed screw, but it's located on the throttle body.

You access it through a hole in the plastic thing that the throttle cable is attatched to.

Hard to miss.

I took a picture of the screws that i found, Nr 1 is for the idle speed? and Nr 2 is the mixture?and how do i "reset" them so i can be sure that its proppely adjusted before i start adjusting.

And about that yellow light i was talking about, i took a picture of that to because it starts to flash when the car starts to got to low on idle, before it stops.

And that bypass valve, do i get that "turbo" sound?

post-303-1205091978.jpg post-303-1205092003.jpg

Hope you can help me, tanks so far by the way:)

I took a picture of the screws that i found, Nr 1 is for the idle speed? and Nr 2 is the mixture?and how do i "reset" them so i can be sure that its proppely adjusted before i start adjusting.

And about that yellow light i was talking about, i took a picture of that to because it starts to flash when the car starts to got to low on idle, before it stops.

And that bypass valve, do i get that "turbo" sound?

post-303-1205091978.jpg post-303-1205092003.jpg

Hope you can help me, tanks so far by the way:)

"Nr 1" is the idle speed screw, "Nr 2" is just a plug.

The mixture screw is located on the Air Flow Meter (AFM).

I don't understand your second question.

If the screws are properly adjusted before you start, then there's no reason to adjust them. :)

The yellow LED is sending you fault codes, those are in the Technical resources part of this forum.

He who seeks shall find: Search

I have no idea if you get the "physs"-sound with a bypass. I suppose that an open airfilter would make it more audiable.

do i have to adjust the mixture? and could you upload a picture of the idle adjustment?

And with a bypass dump valve, do i get that "Physs" sound when releasing the trottle?

Thanks so far:)

buddy a dumpvalve is a blow off valve around here, and of course you would get that sound as long as it's plumbed properly and ur gettin at least 0.5 bar with the turbo, or else ur waistin ur time

i know that i will get that turbo sound with a blow off valve, but i dont know if i get it with a bypass dump valve, thats why im asked, and if the car will stop at idle and run bad when shifting gears with a "open"dump valve.

Bypass valves will make a bit of noise if you have an open air filer on the VAF, but not as much as a blow off/dump valve since those are venting to atmosphere. Depends on how loud you want it...

My buddy had one on his WRX and it got annoying quickly - so his (TurboXS RFL clone) came with fittings to take the trumpet off and put a hose bung on so he could turn it into a bypass valve. Car seemed to run better with it bypassed too.

Not sure how the BOV behaves on the 505 Turbo - but it should be fine.

Rabin

ok, so you the turbo sound with the bypass vaulve:) i dont want it to be very loud but i want it so i can hear it whitout any problems, so i dont have to listen very carfuly to hear it..if you understand, i little more than a 940 turbo with powerfilter(open filter) if you have heard it..:)but one more thing, is it a bypass vaulve on the car originaly?i heard something about that allmost all cars with turbo have one...

And just a litle question, does the fuel adjust it selve when i adjust the boost pressure? i think i will try 06-07bar to start with.and have you any problems after adjusting? like any problems that can happen?

Hoping for fast respons, i got some "trying"licensplates to day and want to try to adjust it today:)

Thanks a lot for awnsers:)

The 505 Turbo's didn't have a bypass valve - the rubber hose between the intercooler and the throttle body was supposed to absorb any spikes...

Can say what it will sound like with the bypass valve - you'll just have to see for yourself I guess. If it's not loud enough, vent it out to atmosphere instead.

You should be fine going to .6 - .7 bar as that is within stock boost. Make sure your engine is running very well before increasing boost though, as it doesn't take much to ruin the motor on boost. (Just takes one bad injector to lean out a piston and melt it.) You seem in a big hurry to make big power by turning up the boost but the car doesn't sound like it's running very well - so be careful!

Rabin

it runs vell when you drive, but the idle is a litle bad, because bad spark plug kabels, but can you get a problem by adjusting the boost pressure, like that i starts to "cheat" (run bad)?

Kriss - I can't say this enough. Get the car running well before increasing boost.

If you have bad cables, then you have poor spark, and you need good spark in a turbo motor. Bad cables can also arc spark to each other and cause misfiring. Under boost that would be very bad. Increasing boost multiplies the stress on the motor - so you gotta make sure it's running well ALL the time.

Rabin