THE LAST 505 EVER MADE

Guest EUROTRASH

I'd love to find someone in Argentina that could source us the rear light set ups, and if possible - a supply of front windsheilds... I also noticed both front and rear windscreens are flush mounted...

I don't car much for the new grills personally - but I really like those rear light set ups. Nicer than the 89' versions we got IMHO as I like the slightly smoked look.

And speaking of antenna's - the forward center mount like Jeff mentioned is shown there. There's a site on ebay that's advertising the steeply raked roof antenna as the french FUBA... It's not amplified - but they're only $15.

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

I purchased a set of rear lights last time I was in Argentina, I only bought the covers thinking I could attach them to the light circuit plate, but they don't match. I was stubborn and broke the covers trying to fit them onto the plates, now I need a complete rear light unit. You would also need the rear license plate plastic holder because the new lights are angled into it, it's totally different.

I also purchased the front grill, the key as I see it is to align it perfectly with the angle of the headlights. As for the windshields, I don't know who'd be willing to ship those... and I actually will need one sometime in the future.

It may surprise you but almost every 505 in Argentina is powered by natural gas, I almost want to ship mine and have it converted. You may notice in one of the pictures, there's a green flag that reads "GNC" ....compressed natural gas.

Since you've visited Argentina, I take it you have a contact that might be able to help with getting spare parts here?

I wonder if they used the ABS front rotor set up or the older set up... I'd also wonder about getting things like suspension bushings, trim pieces and other bits that are no longer available now...

I'd love to get that whole rear light set up complete with center panel... If an economical way of getting the stuff shipped her was figured out it would really take the hassle out of getting things for our cars.

As an aside - the CNG cars usually have kits that are fitted to the cars depending on the application - so you'd be better off getting the kit for the car shipped here and fitted! Did they have the V6 cars there?

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

I go to Argentina every year, I'm from there. :P

My contact owns a small Peugeot parts store, he doesn't ship parts so I would have to ask him who would.

No ABS I think, my set of rotors does not exist in Argentina, neither does my suspension or bushings or anything that's ABS-specific... I'm assuming the older setup would be no problem, unless there are differences between the French and the Argentine 505's. Trims are easier to find, though I could not find a new set of windshield seals, I don't know what I'm doing about that... they're simply extinct. (from England probably?)

V6, I heard they did import a few of them but sells were too low and they stopped bringing them in, just my luck... no parts for me.

I'm going to Argentina in July, I'll see what I can do for you about the lights, I'll probably have to ship them because I won't have enough space in my luggage... so I can't promise you it will be cheap.

i wish i could get my hand some argentinan 505 parts.

when i visited buenos aires last year, i saw many of them.

they look really cool

it was intresting how almost ALL argentinan 505s have amil rims, and a replica type of our turbo rims

please keep us posted for the parts you can get from your upcoming trip.

i particularly am intrested in the grill, headlights, and rear spoilers.

Sweet! I think I knew that from a previous post - but wasn't sure... :)

I don't think you'd need to worry about the windsheild seal itself as any good glass shop can do a nice flush install with the existing glass. I buddy with a Lotus Europa had his windsheild installed at a local shop this way and they ended up using the molding from a Chevy and they glued the windsheild in - looks awesome.

The hard part is getting the glass itself! Now if we could find a way to do some sort of small container shipment by sea I think that would be the cheapest way to get some parts back to North America. I too would be after a windscreen, the whole rear tail light assembly, as well as anything else that I could get a hold of!

Sadly I have no way to do any of that kind of research because of the language - but if you can find a way to get stuff here that'd be great. Beggars can be choosers so I'll be happy with whatever you're able to come up with!

Rabin

A little update - after Euro's initial post I went to Peugeot.com and sent them a note WRT to getting parts from Argentina - here's the response I got. I didn't expect much of a response - and I don't think there will be any follow up - but you never know...

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 5:52 AM

Subject: Contact Peugeot

> Dear Mr Rutten-James Rabin,

>

>

> I have receiced your e-mail,dated 02 February,2008,in which you wish to have a contact,in ARGENTINA,in order to buy a Peugeot 505 parts.

>

> Thank you for your interest in the Peugeot brand.

>

> First, let me inform you that Peugeot does not currently manufacture any vehicles which conform to current United States regulations. For this reason, the company has not sold any vehicles in the US since 1992.

>

> At this time, no decision has been made to return to the U.S.

>

> Furthermore,I have forwarded your request to the concerned departement within Peugeot Automobile which is specialized in this area.

>

> I will contact you as soon as I receive the answer.

>

> Finally,I hope to see soon at<< www.peugeot.com>>.

>

>

>

> Kind regards,

>

>

> Sabine DELORS

> Customer Agent

> Peugeot Customer Contact Centre

>

>

>

>

>

> <===== Reçu de sur 2008-02-02-16.17.21.000000 ======>

>

>

>

> Type : Particulier

> Civilité : Mr

> Nom : Rabin

> Prénom: Rutten-James

> Pays : CANADA

> Moyen de contact : Email

> Marque du véhicule actuel : PEUGEOT

> Modèle du véhicule actuel : Other

> Date de mise en service : 22/06/1986

> Intérêt 1 : Other

> Intérêt 2 :

> Achat :

> Accepte d'être contacté : oui

> Question: Please advise if it would be possible to provide a contact for

> 505 parts in Argentina to your loyal 505 owners in North America. There

> are a number of parts that are no longer available here - but the car has

> enjoyed continued success in South America.

>

> Creating a way for an owner in North America to order parts from your South

> American operations should be easy to provide and would be a great show of

> support to your loyal Peugeot owners. Simply an english speaking dealer

> that can supply parts would be most appreciated,

> "Si vous répondez à ce message, vous pouvez inclure l'historique pour que l'identifiant de conversation suivant «[THREAD_ID:14274699]» soit inclus dans votre réponse.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi guys, stumbled across this old thread. Sorry for bumping a 6 year old thread but I wanted to clear up any questions you guys could have about Argentina cosmetic differences and upgrades, I have lots of contacts in Argentina to consult if need be.
Please ask me questions, I will do my best to answer them to my full extent.
Have a great day everyone.