505 turbo

Guest jew086

Hi guys,

I work in a peugeot dealer ship in australia as m mechanic, i have a lot of experence with old pugs

as my step dad has a 504 rally car with quite some work done to it.

Anyways i was thinking of building a 505 turbo rally car but as you would know they didn't come out over here turbo :( what would be a good starting point?

I want to make around the 250rwhp mark. any info would be good

also what box is run behind the turbo motor?

if i could get some help i would love it.

Cheers Jason :(

Hi Jason,

You'll have your work cut out doing the 505 Turbo in a rt hand drive car as the stock N9TE turbo bits occupy the same area as the steering bits. I'm sure you could fab around the issue, but it'd be tight at the very least.

The box that bolts up is the BA10/5 which is another rare box for you guys from what I hear on the Aussie frog site.

If I were you though I'd start with a V6 505 since you did get those, and if you really wanted to have some power just turbo it! There's a lot of power to be had normally aspirated, and a HUGE amount if you do the work to turbo the V6.

I too want to build my 505 Turbo into a rally car, but my process will be on the slow side with me building it for slalom, time attack, road racing, then finally to rally it. John Lane is a guru of turbo V6's and he's currently working on a price for pistons, rods, and the rest of the rebuild bits for me to supercharge an even fire 2.8 V6 I have... If the price is close to what the turbo 4 will cost to build, and parts are readily available, I may just swap out the turbo 4 and put in the supercharged PRV.

Long term build for me though...

Rabin

Hi guys,

I work in a peugeot dealer ship in australia as m mechanic, i have a lot of experence with old pugs

as my step dad has a 504 rally car with quite some work done to it.

Anyways i was thinking of building a 505 turbo rally car but as you would know they didn't come out over here turbo :angry: what would be a good starting point?

I want to make around the 250rwhp mark. any info would be good

also what box is run behind the turbo motor?

if i could get some help i would love it.

Cheers Jason :blink:

Cheer up. It's probably the only decent car you don't get down there! You get all the hot Japanese stuff as well as new Peugeots and Citroens. Not to mention, Australia is the ground zero of high end aftermarket engine management systems. Oz really is the land of Oz when it comes to cars!

Speaking of RHD 505s, didn't the 505 turbo make it's way to England and/or Japan?

Yeah i'm a mechamic i work on all types of peugeots.

I dont think we got the v6 model here either. i know that we got volvos with the same v6. my step dad has one just sitting around.

I have a v6 from a 406 at work i was thinking of using but i still want to go turbo as there are none over here and i think it would draw a crawd to it.

What motor should i start with?

Good turbo for car i was thinking a garret?

Sorry - there's a guy on Aussie Frogs with a V6 car so I assumed you got them... There was also talk on that forum of importing an engine and tranny to do the swap on a car there - but the cost of shipping was really prohibitive. I remembered them saying there was an issue with the RHD - but Koll's right - the UK had them so it can't be too bad...

The newer V6's would be a bugger to fit longitudinally, as well as to mate it to a tranny, but where there's a will there's a way.

What about doing an engine swap like a SR20DET? Metako has done that to his 505 and he's in Austrailia too. If you really want to keep the Peugeot DNA, then you'll have to turbo an existing engine, or import one... The latter being a very pricey option.

Check out the aussiefrogs site though - there's one guy that is turbo'ing a V6, and has mated the motor to a W58 Toyota tranny, and the tranny to the torque tube. It's not built yet last I checked - but should be insane when it is.

Rabin