Old Peugeot Ads I found...

norcal505

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have a 2000TC ??? I am very impressed. I will travel to Missouri someday just to see it. I always wanted a 3500S. Attached is an ad from Car & Driver March 1965

(how come when I post a picture it's always a little thumb nail?)

post-137-1195874951.jpg

You have a 2000TC ??? I am very impressed. I will travel to Missouri someday just to see it. I always wanted a 3500S. Attached is an ad from Car & Driver March 1965

(how come when I post a picture it's always a little thumb nail?)

Thanks for the postings !

Mine isnt much to look at, its from California (seems everytime theres one on Ebay thats where they are) and luckily has only light surface rust. It's licensed, but sits in the garage most of the time. The problem is aside from some mechanical bits avabile here you have to buy overseas with the poor dollar to pound exchange rate now. I havent made much progress on it. I took this pic a while ago just before I repaired the brakes and rebuilt the SU's. If you ever want to hear language that would make a sailor blush, stop buy when I have to change the rear inboard pads again :o

My being from Los Angeles, I am most impressed that your 2000TC is in Missouri. I haven't seen one going down the road in about 15 years. And to all our other subscribers here, getting rubber bits (or anything for that matter) for the Rover is close to impossible.

I bought it in High School. August 1970. A 1965 (built December 17, 1964) Ye old English White w/factory hardtop, red interior and chrome wire wheels. All imported "B's" were high compression engines (a relative term, however). The only item missing was overdrive. I started taking it apart about 10 years ago (it had it's original paint until then) and hope to have it done early next year.

post-137-1195883619.jpg

post-137-1195883714.jpg

Hey Victor...

Cool to see you're working on an MGB... I crew'd on a buddy's MGB this summer and you might be interested in it... Originally raced back in the day by Al Pease - it was built in much the same way the famous "Sebring" MGB's were with "backdoor" parts that were brought in by the Canadian importer at the time for Al... Car was originally raced with a supercharger - but Mike has it NA now - but the supercharged engine is on a stand ready to go in at a later date if needed...

86050017_G.sized.jpg

86050016_G.sized.jpg

http://www.qcma.org/albums/2006-SCO/86050015_G_001.sized.jpg

I'll have to find some better pics - there's a nice one of it at Mosport...

Rabin

My being from Los Angeles, I am most impressed that your 2000TC is in Missouri. I haven't seen one going down the road in about 15 years. And to all our other subscribers here, getting rubber bits (or anything for that matter) for the Rover is close to impossible.

You should see the questions I get when I throw gas in it or go to NAPA :o

One good thing about the 2000 is the oil filter is the same as Ford used on its pickups for the last 30 years.

Really an advanced car for the day; De dion rear suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, all body parts were removable. This is a interesting site : http://www.ruediger-wicke.de/index.htm

Nice MG, I think '65 was the first year of the B series with a 5 bearing engine ?

Hey Pugsley!

Rare car you got there

Also, Victor, that is one nice MGB your working on there you showed me in that email. Tell us more about it!!

Thanks, my wife keeps suggesting I buy a new car. I prefer the oldies, they are all much cheaper and I dont like "Me-too" cars that you see ten others parked in the same lot.

I will Auto-X the old B as besides being my Mulholland Drive car I used to bum-out alot of Auto-X'rs with it. Even though it has gotten a complete nut & bolt restoration I fully intend to wear it out again. I also have a '66 BGT that I'd like to do my interpretation of what one would be like today. i.e. Alloy head w/multi-point fuel injection, crankfired ignition, 5/speed, Torsen differential, 4 wheel disc brakes and A/C. Don't hold your breath though, I got too many projects already.

You should see the questions I get when I throw gas in it or go to NAPA :o

One good thing about the 2000 is the oil filter is the same as Ford used on its pickups for the last 30 years.

Really an advanced car for the day; De dion rear suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, all body parts were removable. This is a interesting site : http://www.ruediger-wicke.de/index.htm

Nice MG, I think '65 was the first year of the B series with a 5 bearing engine ?

Thanks, my wife keeps suggesting I buy a new car. I prefer the oldies, they are all much cheaper and I dont like "Me-too" cars that you see ten others parked in the same lot.

Ah, ya............. buy her a new car. "Hay how about a new Smart four2, honey???"

Any fool with money can restore a '57 Chevy or buy a Tupper Ware Cobra but there are few that can keep Peugeots and Rovers going.

My B is so early that while it came as a 5-main bearing engine, it still has pull-style door handles. And '65 was the lowest production B series MG ever.

Attached, photo from 1974, my brother & I owned all those cars (the B is on the end)

post-137-1195931611.jpg

Ah, ya............. buy her a new car. "Hay how about a new Smart four2, honey???"

Any fool with money can restore a '57 Chevy or buy a Tupper Ware Cobra but there are few that can keep Peugeots and Rovers going.

My B is so early that while it came as a 5-main bearing engine, it still has pull-style door handles. And '65 was the lowest production B series MG ever.

Attached, photo from 1974, my brother & I owned all those cars (the B is on the end)

Neat pics; I went an estate auction not long ago; nobody wanted the old Road & Track magazines. I have a late 1962 issue when the B was introduced, very neat article. Plus it has a centerfold of the test car.

Cars back then had personality, and individual styling. I even like those old squarebirds you have in that pic and those first gen Rivs (great looking car) those Buick Nailheads were a real good engine.

Are you adding the cross-flow aluminum head avabile through Moss or the other aluminum head ?

post-137-1195941058.jpg

Cars back then had personality, and individual styling. I even like those old squarebirds you have in that pic and those first gen Rivs (great looking car) those Buick Nailheads were a real good engine.

Are you adding the cross-flow aluminum head avabile through Moss or the other aluminum head ?

Dual Quads & a Dynaflow Midnight Blue w/white leather interior '63

Alloy w/crossflow? Only if I can convince the tech officials that's the way it came. WoW how'd I get that so big (she said)

post-137-1195941968.jpgHow 'bout dis ??

Cool, keep posting !

The owners manual has a reccomendation for certain tires if you are traveling at a suspended 105 + mph.

One feature I like is the factory oil cooler has a seperate drain plug; so many vehicles do not.

Does the "B" motor have a steel crank , I know the blocks were thiickwalls and featured alot of nickel.

Steel, nitrited, balanced & bored .60 over (hardly thick walled anymore) ported & polished head. Also ceramic coated piston tops, valve faces, combustion chambers and exhaust manifold. We'll see how long it lasts