My 505 Turbo Injection -88 project

Johnny

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I'm quite curious myself to how (or if :D ) it would run as this is the first time I'm putting together a four stroke engine.

To reshape and/or shorten the guide sounds like a good plan, but I think I'll wait with that until I do some more advanced porting.

The big hold-up now is to get a hold of a head gasket, they aren't available separately here anymore and the cost of a set is a little to steep (closer to ~$290 :D ). I saw that V-M had copper gaskets for sale some time ago so maybe that could be an option if he still has any left. I've made a tool for cutting o-ring grooves, so that could be used as well.

post-114-1246229816.jpg

No beauty, but if it works the way it's supposed to, It'll be the cheapest o-ring job ever. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did a little porting on the exhaust side too, it was harder to get the ports uniform and even between cylinders, so I felt that it was best to stop before I did a capital screw-up.

Here are some pictures of the port that I felt looked the best.

post-114-1247787725.jpgpost-114-1247787752.jpgpost-114-1247787787.jpg

Good or anus?

Do you mean the short radius?

It's not sharp at all but it's not as smooth as the intake, I didn't want to go any further at this point because I want to put it together soon and I'll have plenty of time to do more porting in the winters to come. :P

• 4 weeks later...

You were right Rabin, injector 1 and 2 was not working because some jackass messed with the wiring and I missed the connector.

It still runs like crap, and it smokes massively.

The bad running I'm thinking that the valves maybe are not sealing properly, and the smoke I could be old oil from the exhaust pipes or the seals in the turbos are bad. Ignition timing is checked.

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty tired of nothing ever going smoothly now... :)

Pull the intercooler as well as the piping and check for oil in there. I'd also do a simple compression check to verify the valves sealing properly theory. When the plugs are out - make sure nothing contaminated them or fouled the electrode too.

I'd also double check the firing order to ensure that's right, and I'd also check and recheck that you don't have any vacuum leaks.

Shouldn't be this hard I realise - but it's most often something small that cause the grief. Take a break from it if getting frustrated - but cover the basics and you should get it going.

Rabin