OE 505 turbo main pump replacement

august

to start out, it looks like the OEM main fuel pump on the 505 turbo is a 0 580 464 044. however, according to this PDF, there is a universal bosch pump (# 0 580 464 069) which will also work.

the problem is all the pictures i see of the '069' pump don't have the same fittings on the end as the OE pump. Does anyone know for sure?

to get even deeper into it, that unversal pump is compatible with all these cars:

Porsche

1989-84 911

1988-87 924

1991-83 944

1995-92 968

Saab

1985 900

1986 900, 900S

1986 9000

Volvo

1986-83 240 Series, DL, GL

1992-85 740

1990-85 760

1991-89 780

1995-92 940

(source for the above: Peugeot-L archives)

...it would be nice to know if that "1990-85 760" was a turbo, or 6 cylinder, but yeah....

in any case, if anyone know's where i can get a bosch pump that will definitely work, and flow the amount of fuel peugeot intended, please let me know!

thanks...

This isn't the answer you're looking for - but is there a reason why you wouldn't go with a Walbro 255 fuel pump?

They seem to be one of the most popular pump mods on Turbo cars, readily available, and they support a lot of power...

Just curious - since I'm always looking for mainstream mods that improve the car as well as ensure parts availability in the future..

Rabin

This isn't the answer you're looking for - but is there a reason why you wouldn't go with a Walbro 255 fuel pump?

They seem to be one of the most popular pump mods on Turbo cars, readily available, and they support a lot of power...

Just curious - since I'm always looking for mainstream mods that improve the car as well as ensure parts availability in the future..

Rabin

i actually thought about a walbro pump, but i'm just looking for a *good quality* oe replacement for the daily driver 505, not a high hp car.

if you know that the 255 is directly compatible, and reliable and will flow just as much fuel (yeah, i imagine that part will be covered) then i'm all for it.

A couple months ago I tried to source a new pump for my '85 N9T. The pump I pulled off was 0 580 464 027. I can't seem to recall now, as that number is still good and my source had no trouble finding it in the books but anyway, I ended up with the "universal" pump, 0 580 464 069. It comes with two interchangeable pump fittings which is why it is "universal" I guess. Anyway, there are no alterations required to the car to fit the universal pump. The only disappointment was that the pump did not come with enough new copper washers to replace everything with new. I needed to reface and use one of my old ones.

It turns out that this rather large expenditure on a new pump was not necessary as it was my fuel pressure regulator that was buggered not the pump :( . As such I have the old one I pulled from my car as well as another spare I bought from a parts car (N9TE) which was part number 0 580 464 021. Both of these used pumps work fine and if you are interested I will sell you one. I generally don't advocate used parts but I know these two work. $100-$125 CDN seemed to be the going rate around here for a used one. Make me an offer if you are interested.