Rpm/crank sensor

krede

Hey everybody ;)

I need to fit a rpm sensor to my Murena 2.2L as im switching the carbs for TB's. Some sort of TDC sensor is fitted to the murena but Im not sure this can be used, in fitting electronic enginemanagement, thus I am looking into using 505 parts, as the engine of the murena is more or less a non turbo n9te.

Can anybody tell me where the it is placed on the n9te?.. and perhaps up a picture of it?

Hey everybody ;)

I need to fit a rpm sensor to my Murena 2.2L as im switching the carbs for TB's. Some sort of TDC sensor is fitted to the murena but Im not sure this can be used, in fitting electronic enginemanagement, thus I am looking into using 505 parts, as the engine of the murena is more or less a non turbo n9te.

Can anybody tell me where the it is placed on the n9te?.. and perhaps up a picture of it?

That sensor is only for tester use (I have throwed those away) if u mean that one in under cluch cover (below). rpm is read from ingnition pulse in 505.

V-M

welcome!

I've only seen TDC sensors on early (85-86) 505 turbo's. It was located on a bracket that covers the flywheel and bolts to the bottom (back) of the block and the transmission. I'll have to look around for some pictures. I might actually have one lying around somewhere if you don't have any luck finding one.

(aah! V-M you beat me to it! ;))

That sensor is only for tester use (I have throwed those away) if u mean that one in under cluch cover (below). rpm is read from ingnition pulse in 505.

V-M

yes.. the TDC sensor on the murena is situated in the bellhousing/clutch cover.

The one i need is for crank position.

I was planning to discard the distributer all togeather and let the ECU control the ignition..

But it might be the easiest way to use a 505 distributer.

I was considering Megasquirt aswell.. but in an attempt to limit the sources of possible trouble I chose a commersial product ;)

The Megasquirt-ecu controls the ignition. :)

The only thing the distributer does is distribute the spark to the right cylinder (besides giving the ecu an rpm-signal from the hallsensor).

But you're thinking of using a multiple-coil system?

And megasquirt is not hard to put together if you have basic soldering-skills.

The Megasquirt-ecu controls the ignition. :)

The only thing the distributer does is distribute the spark to the right cylinder (besides giving the ecu an rpm-signal from the hallsensor).

But you're thinking of using a multiple-coil system?

And megasquirt is not hard to put together if you have basic soldering-skills.

He he yes I know, though the first Megasquirts were only for the fuel system wasnt it?

I was thinking of using multiple coils, as it all came with the ECU when i bought it.

But still the distributer could be left in place, if not for anything else then to get the hall signal.

He he yes I know, though the first Megasquirts were only for the fuel system wasnt it?

I was thinking of using multiple coils, as it all came with the ECU when i bought it.

But still the distributer could be left in place, if not for anything else then to get the hall signal.

Yeah, the first megasquirts were only fuel, but you can load an extra-code into them and then you can have spark too and a lot of other stuff, like launch-control, shiftlights, waterinjection-control, and lots of other stuff.

You can read more here if you want to:

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

I think that megasquirt-extra supports multiple coils too, but I'm not sure.

I know that you already have bought another system, but info is never bad to spread :) (unless the info is bad :))

Leaving the distributer in place for hall signal is probably the easiest way to do it anyway.