Turbo Inlet Accordion Tube

As part of the saga of sorting out issues with my newly acquired Gas Turbo car, I spoke with Brian Holm to source a new Accordion tube to connect the air filter and the turbo inlet. While he did not have the right part for a gasoline-powered car, he suggested that I could modify the part from a diesel to fit.

After getting the part, I was easily able to drill out the blank boss where the inlet from the charcoal canister connects and transfer the nipple to which it connects. Unfortunately, after having put the part in the car, it appears to me that perhaps it is rotated differently? If I rotate the accordion such that it most easily fits (with the least twisting and turning), the hose from the valve cover does not reach. If I rotate it such that the hose from the valve cover reaches, I have to contort the accordion in such a way that it seems wrong to me, and perhaps likely to shorten its life.

Of course, I can just extend the hose from the valve cover breather, but I thought I would ask here if anyone knows whether the Diesel and Gasoline turbo accordion tubes differ in any way, other than the omission of the charcoal canister connection on the Diesel part.

Tom