Are you sure it's a Peugeot? They don't sell those here...

That was the question and comment my daughter got from her friends when asked what kind of car she was going to be using when she got her license.

She, herself, gave it a puzzled look when I brought it home from my mother's house last fall. She recalled seeing it Granny's garage, but never really out and about. Dad had bought it new and after he passed, my mother started driving it until she had eye surgery and no longer felt comfortable driving (she'll be 92 this August). After sitting idle for the last 2 years I brought it back to life with a new battery and fresh gas. As time allows ( which is not a lot lately) I have been working on little things, making sure it's roadworthy and safe.

Since March my daughter has been using it to get around and I think with each trip she is getting more and more proud of her ride. I made sure she knew how everything worked in the car. It was the car she used to pass her drivers test. Standing watching her take the test I was asked "What kind of car is that?" She has gotten a few comments from strangers and now responds proudly " Yes, it is a Peugeot!"

My mom is coming up tomorrow for my younger daughter's 8th grade graduation. My older daughter is eager to take Grandma for a ride and show her how well she is caring for 'new' car.

Now with the weather getting warmer, the classic car shows are starting. The car is not quite ready to show, but I will be borrowing it from my daughter to drive and park near the show. I've got a bra for the front as well so it will really look the part of an '80's car. I'll have to take some nice pictures and post them.

Peeter

'87 505 STX

74k Miles

Inspiring story Peeter as it's no longer just a car when you have that kind of history with it. The memories and the stories that get told because of its history with your family make it so much more valuabe than the sum of its parts.

The fact that your daughter is driving it now makes for a 3 generation span which is just plain cool!

Pictures of the car in the gallery, and an entry into the vehicle registry would be most welcome.

Rabin