'85 505 Turbo engine stuck

Ruben Enriquez

Gas regulator broke down, gas went into the cylinders. I put transmission oil but it still stuck. Can anyone please advise me what to do? Some say to remove the head and clean the interior, others say to put another engine. Others say to disassemble the engine and clean it entirely. Should i buy a new engine online, is that a reliable source? Does anyone have an engine to sell to me? Or what would you guys recommend, time is limited can someone please call me at 562 464 8023 and ask for Ruben. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Hi Ruben,

If the engine hydrolocked on gas - turning the engine over with the plugs out should allow the engine to spin. It's unlikely any damage happened if it was just cranking over with the starter when it locked up, so that should be it. It sounds like the engine is still locked even with the plugs out - so are you using the starter or are you turning the crank with a socket and strong arm?

If you see this I'll be in the chat room and we can discuss directly if you like. If the engine is locked up tight and won't budge trying to turn the crank - then it could be a number of things and you really won't know until the engine comes apart. If it were me - I'd likely line up a spare motor. There was one on e-bay for $1500 that was redone - seems like a great deal for the amount of work that went into it...

Rabin

hi ruben, welcome to the forum!

judging by your area code, you're in southern california (we should get together sometime!). where are you located, long beach? whittier?

i know that jessie from dubarr peugeot was selling a turbo engine on ebay, if it was me i would just contact him directly. dubarr automotive is in huntington beach, very near the 405 off the beach blvd exit (714-375-0991).

you could also check with ukit, he's in el monte -- US foreign auto repair, off the 10 freeway, peck road exit (626-442-3733)

andré

@Rabin Thank you for your advice and please tell me what time you will be in the Chatroom so I can give you more details about the engine. I live in Los Angeles, California until then.

@andrethx Hi thank you for your advice. I will call the person that is selling it today. I live Whitter, and yes if we can meet or talk by phone because I need to get this fix soon. Thanks again.

Jesse at Dubarr might be your best bet - I've spoken to him and he's a good guy. If he's fairly local to you having his experience and knowledge will be well worth it for either getting you hooked up with what you need to do the work yourself - or having him do the work for you as well.

I'm happy to discuss options, but availability is tough this weekend with family visiting. If you get this notification I'll stay logged into chat as long as I can.

Rabin

Thank you, but how do I contact him? I'm still new to this forum, and I'm still trying to learn how to use it. the engine does not turn with a crow bar and I remove the spark plugs. On line I can get for 950 a complete engine. . How much and how long will it take to find one in this web site. I saw the one on e bay but it is to far to go get it, it is in Missouri, I live in Los Angeles I do not have a lot of money, and I do not want to junk the car. Please help me.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=111271697268&roken=RtoxSR

Contact him via eBay. Googling the business name will get his shop location. Edit: Andre posted his location and his phone numbers above - so not sure why it would be hard to contact him?

If you're not very experienced mechanically, and don't have a lot of tools - fixing it yourself likely isn't wise.

If you can afford to buy the motor hopefully Jesse can swing you a deal to install it as well.

Rabin