405 mi16 timing belt trouble

So I took a chance and bought a '91 405 mi16 being told that only the starter needed a mend to get the thing running again. After fixing the starter and it still not going, a broken timing belt was discovered. I realize I got screwed and I was open to that possibility but I'm wondering what to do next.

So....Better course of action, find a replacement engine head or fix the timing belt with fingers crossed there's no valve damage?

Has anyone had these repairs done before?

Anyone know ballpark what they cost?

Can I even find a replacement head? My mechanic looked for a bit and came up empty.

Am I better off parting or scrapping it? And if so, anyone interested?

Thanks for any advice. I really don't want to just throw this car away but I don't want to lose my shirt either.

I would call Brian Holm, or even the chump car team that races 2 Mi-16's as I know they've had spectacular engine bottom end failures and they may have an extra head they'd sell to help recoup costs...

Peugeot-L might also be worth posting on.

Rabin

I would call Brian Holm, or even the chump car team that races 2 Mi-16's as I know they've had spectacular engine bottom end failures and they may have an extra head they'd sell to help recoup costs...

Peugeot-L might also be worth posting on.

Rabin

The team that races the 2 Mi-16's does so in Lemons and I think they have been dealing with Brian Holm regarding their replacement engines. I think he would be the most likely to have one of their heads, or one that isn't one of theirs, and I would think you will almost surely need one.

Thanks guys. I called Brian Holm and he was full of info. He actually explained why the PunisherGP team has had problems and they think they've found a remedy. He also suggested checking Peugeot-L for mechanics around me who would actually be willing to work on mine. I know one guy who worked on my '87 505 STI but he's older and I'm not sure he has the resources to handle this kind of a job. I guess that's pretty much all I'm looking for right now, and a pile of cash.

Thanks again for the help everyone. If/When I get this guy working, I'll post photos.